1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

time for new disc and pads...

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by J7USS, Nov 17, 2007.

1. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

[Nov 17, 2007]
    As it says folks, my warning light has just come on just in time for my service so can anyone recommend or point me in the right direction for disc and pads all round..:icon_thumright:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. russgt

russgt Member

[Nov 18, 2007]
    DS2500 Pads :rockwoot:

Unsure about Discs :think:
  4. 46TheDoctor

46TheDoctor Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

[Nov 18, 2007]
    Go check your pads and youll see they have lots of meat left, the pad warning light is triggered with over 1/3 of pad life left, mine came on in march, 6k ago and theres still loads left, its just another Audi rip off scam, if you can live with the light on do so as apart from the car thinking it needs pads it does not need pads yet.:icon_thumright:
  5. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

[Nov 18, 2007]
    Yeah I did think that Doc, Its true, there is plenty left on them. My discs are looking pretty Facked to be honest so think ill still get them tied in with my service...

OEM's I reckon.
  6. TINTMASTER

TINTMASTER TORQUETRONIX-DONEGAL

[Nov 19, 2007]
    EBC green stuff grooved n vented m8 have them on mine but DONT go for the EBC Greenstuff pads! there pure pants and after a month or so i had to throw them out as they had loads of wee cracks n caused serious brake fade :( so i'm back to the standard pads and there as good as anything :icon_thumright:
  7. andyccr

andyccr 2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

[Nov 19, 2007]
    Greenstuff pads are made for smaller cars so I agree with Tintmaster. Were fine on my Focus, but not for anything bigger. Heard lots of good stuff about the DS2500s, loads of the Octavia guys on Briskoda run them.

Andy
  8. Marko

Marko Member

[Nov 20, 2007]
    I use EBC Greenstuff on mine and have found them to be fine! They've stood up to some heavy braking!
  9. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

[Nov 20, 2007]
    Im replacing for OEM's I think, Car is going next summer so no need to shed too much cash.

Wheres best place other than Main stealer to source these??
  10. 1210tech

1210tech Four Ring Fanatic

[Nov 20, 2007]
    i got new pads & disc's for the front & rear from gsf car parts

can't remember what make the pads where but the disc's supplied turned out to be brembo and the price wasn't bad either :icon_thumright:
  11. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 20, 2007]
    Yes GSF for mine as well, Brembo discs and Jurid pads, OEM are actually Jurid (as with most maintenance parts, Audi don't make brake pads).
    I just did the rears and they were about £60 all in, fronts will obviously be more though.
  12. ronny

ronny Audi A4 1.8TQ

[Nov 23, 2007]
    On my B5 Audi i had GSF cross drilled discs all round, and Pagid fast road pads, total cost was about 150 quid +vat then fitting.

My B6 is a different story, apparently the discs are different on the B6 so I cannot have cross drilled rears :(

GSF also say they don't stock the Pagid pads either, I don't understand how much different the dics between two models are, I would have thought they were almost the same?