time for new disc and pads...

J7USS

Shuddup Foooool!!
Reaction score
As it says folks, my warning light has just come on just in time for my service so can anyone recommend or point me in the right direction for disc and pads all round..:icon_thumright:

Go check your pads and youll see they have lots of meat left, the pad warning light is triggered with over 1/3 of pad life left, mine came on in march, 6k ago and theres still loads left, its just another Audi rip off scam, if you can live with the light on do so as apart from the car thinking it needs pads it does not need pads yet.:icon_thumright:

46TheDoctor said:
Go check your pads and youll see they have lots of meat left, the pad warning light is triggered with over 1/3 of pad life left, mine came on in march, 6k ago and theres still loads left, its just another Audi rip off scam, if you can live with the light on do so as apart from the car thinking it needs pads it does not need pads yet.:icon_thumright:

Yeah I did think that Doc, Its true, there is plenty left on them. My discs are looking pretty Facked to be honest so think ill still get them tied in with my service...

OEM's I reckon.

EBC green stuff grooved n vented m8 have them on mine but DONT go for the EBC Greenstuff pads! there pure pants and after a month or so i had to throw them out as they had loads of wee cracks n caused serious brake fade :( so i'm back to the standard pads and there as good as anything :icon_thumright:

Greenstuff pads are made for smaller cars so I agree with Tintmaster. Were fine on my Focus, but not for anything bigger. Heard lots of good stuff about the DS2500s, loads of the Octavia guys on Briskoda run them.

Andy

I use EBC Greenstuff on mine and have found them to be fine! They've stood up to some heavy braking!

Im replacing for OEM's I think, Car is going next summer so no need to shed too much cash.

Wheres best place other than Main stealer to source these??

i got new pads & disc's for the front & rear from gsf car parts

can't remember what make the pads where but the disc's supplied turned out to be brembo and the price wasn't bad either :icon_thumright:

Yes GSF for mine as well, Brembo discs and Jurid pads, OEM are actually Jurid (as with most maintenance parts, Audi don't make brake pads).
I just did the rears and they were about £60 all in, fronts will obviously be more though.

AndyMac said:
Yes GSF for mine as well, Brembo discs and Jurid pads, OEM are actually Jurid (as with most maintenance parts, Audi don't make brake pads).
I just did the rears and they were about £60 all in, fronts will obviously be more though.

On my B5 Audi i had GSF cross drilled discs all round, and Pagid fast road pads, total cost was about 150 quid +vat then fitting.

My B6 is a different story, apparently the discs are different on the B6 so I cannot have cross drilled rears :(

GSF also say they don't stock the Pagid pads either, I don't understand how much different the dics between two models are, I would have thought they were almost the same?