Time Change to BST

Yes, it does switch to BST automatically, but the menu logic is bizarrely inverted.

Mine was set to GPS as the time source, and Manual Summer time setting to 'Off' - so it should have switched, but didn't. As soon as I switched Manual Summer time setting to 'On', it switched to BST automatically.

Same here, so in future it should change back and forth automatically

Same here, so in future it should change back and forth automatically

No, you've misunderstood it. All you are doing is turning summer time on or off, manually. See a few posts up

my time menu has the entries and (choices):
Time source: (GPS)
Auto sum.time: (on)

The clock is spot on, have had the car in 11 months and the two summertime changes went fine without any effort on my part.

But this post does suggest something is different..

Apparently it went it to "total meltdown" today (their words) so they're keeping it overnight.

They've loaned me an A3 Saloon! Similar to mine - same engine, S-Line in Daytona grey but without Tech pack or B&O.

It's really nice! I love the shape and there's noticably more room in the back plus the boot is cavernous. Unless I end up with an e-tron, my next one will be a saloon for sure.

I've joined your club. Dealer has just phoned me to say my car electronics have 'shut down' and now there is a mountain of error messages after they replaced some modules on the car in an attempt to fix the software glitches. Audi UK have now sent them a Q3 to give to me whilst mine is fixed over the next few 'weeks'. :'(

Wow, impressive failures. Not a great sign!

Yes, notice that the option is labelled 'auto summer time' not 'manual summer time'. I believe this is from an earlier software version that had automatic switching, but also have the various problems which mjcourtney and Vertigo1 are currenty experiencing...

So on the time menu what should be displayed below Time Source if you select GPS? Summer time Manual or Auto?

Depends on the software version I think. Mine says Manual.

Is there any way to check the software version number?

There's a crucial difference - "Manual" vs "Auto" summertime. I was under the impression that only European cars had the latter option as they use a European time signal which isn't available here but I could be wrong.

I've joined your club. Dealer has just phoned me to say my car electronics have 'shut down' and now there is a mountain of error messages after they replaced some modules on the car in an attempt to fix the software glitches. Audi UK have now sent them a Q3 to give to me whilst mine is fixed over the next few 'weeks'. :'(

My sympathies. I'm back in the saloon for the weekend as mine is still unwell. Quite like the saloon but it has no B&O or Tech Pack unfortunately. Have to say, no offence to those without the Tech Pack, but the standard screen is nasty :(

My sympathies. I'm back in the saloon for the weekend as mine is still unwell. Quite like the saloon but it has no B&O or Tech Pack unfortunately. Have to say, no offence to those without the Tech Pack, but the standard screen is nasty :(

Yeah the q3 courtesy car they gave me today has a standard res screen and its a definite downgrade. Would much rather have had a saloon lol

They've got a couple of Saloons at the dealer on the option 19" alloys and they look ****** awesome. Wheels are £1k though and doubt they do much for the ride.

because we are obsessed with our cars. That´s why we bought Audi. Had we been driving any other car, the post might probably have been shorter :yahoo:

My suggestion for next time...

OP = "Does the time change automatically to BST?"
Kind ASN member = "No"
Moderator = Closes post

Lol

Reactions: cemerson
My suggestion for next time...
OP = "Does the time change automatically to BST?"
Kind ASN member = "No"
Moderator = Closes post

That post me me laugh out loud, literally :) :) :) :)

Lol

Reactions: Joetidman
You missed out the obligatory additional posts:

"IMHO anyone who uses BST is a complete Tory tosser"
"Only S-tronic drivers need to change to BST - real men use GMT"
"If you use an automatic car wash you're mentally challenged and can't understand BST anyway"

etc.

:)

Reactions: Minion Bob!, JohnM100, Joetidman and 3 others
You missed out the obligatory additional posts:

"IMHO anyone who uses BST is a complete Tory tosser"
"Only S-tronic drivers need to change to BST - real men use GMT"
"If you use an automatic car wash you're mentally challenged and can't understand BST anyway"

etc.

:)

Keep the these comments coming - I am really finding this stuff funny!

Well the dealer still has my car! They're making slow progress but not quite there yet. Issue seems to be that they're going back and forth with Audi UK in Milton Keynes, who in turn are going back to Audi Germany, so each round trip is taking a couple of hours.

Not ideal - I just want my car back :(

"Actually GMT doesn't exist anymore. Real men use TAI."
"TAI???? Don't you mean UT1R?"

I received an email from my dealers yesterday reminding drivers to change to BST. It also said that if anyone was not sure how to do it just call in to any of the dealers in the Group and they would do it for you.

I understand that cars sold on the continent have radio-controlled clocks linked to the Germany atomic clock, but Audi regard parts of the UK to be outside it's range. I have a German Junghans alarm clock which I've used in most parts of the UK and it always checks it's self without any problems. Why there don't fit one linked to the UK clock in Cumbria I'll never know.

^ You're in the land of the free and home of the brave :p

Reactions: Blackwhite
2015 03 30 163727
2015 03 30 163738

Reactions: Rob2k68
Ludicrous isn't it? You don't need to synchronise with anything to be able to do daylight saving.

It will soon be time for the UK GMT/BST change....
https://www.gov.uk/when-do-the-clocks-change

.... if you want your car to do this for you automatically, you'll have to do some VCDS changes:

1. 5F - Information Elect.
  2. Adaptatopm - 10
  3. Channel = Summertime automatic
  4. Enter New Value

Possible Values:
  • None
  • Manual
  • Europe (Automatic)
  • USA
  • Automatic (Does not work - Request out of Range error)
*Audi UK Default = Manual

More in the FAQ's:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-on-the-8v-chassis.198794/page-2#post-2297025

Reactions: Rob2k68
It will soon be time for the UK GMT/BST change....
https://www.gov.uk/when-do-the-clocks-change

.... if you want your car to do this for you automatically, you'll have to do some VCDS changes:

1. 5F - Information Elect.
  2. Adaptatopm - 10
  3. Channel = Summertime automatic
  4. Enter New Value

Possible Values:
  • None
  • Manual
  • Europe (Automatic)
  • USA
  • Automatic (Does not work - Request out of Range error)
*Audi UK Default = Manual

More in the FAQ's:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-on-the-8v-chassis.198794/page-2#post-2297025

Thanks V8

Mine is set up as per your post - also found automatic to return an error but Europe to do the trick.

I've never had to change the time in my car

Is yours LHD or RHD?

UK or mainland Europe spec?

(as you had an export model?)

it's a uk car, right hand drive, but i do live in Germany, does that make a difference?

Who knows!

Maybe if you have Tech Pack it knows you are over there!

If you really want to get to the bottom of this, you could post the MMI Time screen for us to compare!

Our time change was yesterday.
When I got in the car this morning, it
automatically changed 1 hour ahead by
itself.

Reactions: veeeight