Tighten inside drivers door handle

just017

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can anyone post up a guide on how to tighten the drivers inside door handle, it feels a bit more 'floppy' than the passenger side and as it gets used every day i think something behing it needs tightening up.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It is connected by a wire which hooks into it.

Im not sure if you can tighten it but may be worth taking a look by pulling the door card off...

If the wire has strectched, that could be why it has gone floppy or maybe the handle itself could be at fault..

Hmmm, so the whole door card needs to come off, is this hard to remove/replace?

Yeah i dont think its faulty, it just has a tiny bit of slack compared to the passenger side from regular use.

Cheers for your reply

Door cards pretty easy to pop off

Take off the trim (piano black or silver one)

I think there's 5 screws under there - 2 at the top, 3 under the trim

Then theres 1 or 2 screws at the bottom of the door card.

Then pull !!!

I start from the bottom corner, then do the bottom, thne the sides and it pulls off.

There is a connector plug which you have to take out once the door cards off(theres a pink clip whch pulls up) and the cable which goes to the door handle...

HTH

it could be the plastic clip the bar attaches to at the lock mechanism is worn. Had this on my old A3, somtimes it would pop out and I'd have to strip the door to put it back in!!!!

Ahh i might do that this weekend then and get my drivers door sensor fixed at the same time. Think one of the cables might be a bit loose as the drivers side rarely shows as open.

Cheers for your help guys