Tie-bars fitted

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hey guys, just fitted the bars and wanted to share the pics, lemmi know if anything looks odd. I'm just curious about two things, firstly the sensor thingy on the left hand bar is it ok where it is? secondly to get the camber to -1.0 the tie-bars were at there shortest settings (is that normal? I'm guessing it is since they're supposed to go on the top ones) anyhow's enjoy.

Tier.jpg

tiel.jpg

Also manged to fit the bushes for the top bars. (the blue thingy)
tieb.jpg

How come the camber before the tie-bars weren't out by much? I though they'd be much more out due to the suspensions?
Meas.jpg

Car feels much nicer (dunno why really) and the weird suspension squeeks have gone which is GREAT, so far so good.

congrats mate! thanks for the pics..
looks just like my car, the bars being on the lower position. i think as long as the headlights are pointing at the right place and being adjusted when the car is loaded you should be fine. mine don't work for some reason anyway so i didn't have any problems :)

i suppose the car feels much nicer because your previous settings were so terrible :haha:

why the spacers? just for looks?
as you know i'm also considering them so give us allll the details.
what spacers did you get? what size? hubcentric? how much for the set?

oh and forgot, maybe the bushings have something to do with the "good feeling"...

do you have any pics of your exhaust?

dultanur said:
why the spacers? just for looks?
as you know i'm also considering them so give us allll the details.
what spacers did you get? what size? hubcentric? how much for the set?

Spacers just for looks, going for 20mm rear and 15mm front, hope I don't get any scrubbing issues. Both are Eibach and from Awesome GTi, around £100 each with bolts. and yeah they were hub-centric.

thats a cool looking exhaust def...i wonder if its noisy. mine is resonating at 2500-3000rpm, which is very annoying as it's the RPMs i use the most.

BTW, thinking back i think my tie bars had a lot of adjustment still left, i can't see why yours are at the limit...

dultanur said:
thats a cool looking exhaust def...i wonder if its noisy. mine is resonating at 2500-3000rpm, which is very annoying as it's the RPMs i use the most.

BTW, thinking back i think my tie bars had a lot of adjustment still left, i can't see why yours are at the limit...

Mine is very boomy, it's silly which is why I'm going to be sorting it out soon hopefully. I bet yours isn't as loud as mine :whistle2: . As for the tie-bars I'm just as baffled as you, the mehcanic told me that in order for him to get it at -1.0 he had to shorten it by that much, maybe cause mine are ECS?

as i have just added to another post kw also make these bars now and they are quite a bit cheaper than the forge one's not sure on the price of the ecs one's but try http://www.g-werks.co.uk/ for the kw one's mine are on order with them
Keith_S3

Keith_S3 said:
as i have just added to another post kw also make these bars now and they are quite a bit cheaper than the forge one's not sure on the price of the ecs one's but try http://www.g-werks.co.uk/ for the kw one's mine are on order with them
Keith_S3

where abouts on the site are you seeing these?

jojo said:
If you are enquiring about price, call these guys up, www.jbrperformance.co.uk , exchange rates are very favourable atm for the pound, get them cheap whilst you can!!

I'd rather get them direct from ECS as I have an office in the USA and thus I then pay no middle man fees, making a considerable saving.

claudefrog said:
where abouts on the site are you seeing these?

not on the site but give them a call and they can get them for you:icon_thumright:

wow when did all you guys start posting? can't be all today. Anyway, I got the ecs tie-bars from awsome-gti for around £250with shipping, vat and everything and so far they've given me no problem. you can check the linky if u want a bit more info:

http://00626e1.netsolhost.com/formoshun/s3/Suspensions.htm