1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ticking noise from bonnet when A/C is on

Nimosonen Jul 7, 2014

1. Nimosonen

Nimosonen Member

Hey guys

So when my A/C is on it starts to make a ticking noise from the A/C thing under the bonnet (don't know what its valled). Do I have to be concerned about this or is it okay? The sound is getting louder and louder from the first day I heard it.

2. fanta

fanta Member

Perhaps its a bomb? When it gets really loud run around with your arms in the air screaming!

3. Nimosonen

Nimosonen Member

Good imagination there :)
    But do you know the problem?

4. fanta

fanta Member

5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

AC thing? could you elaborate? you are not on about the black canister between the washer bottle and the expansion bottle by any chance?

<tuffty/>

6. Nimosonen

Nimosonen Member

Well since you've mentioned that, it makes a ticking noise there to. But that ticking noise is on even if the A/C is off. But the sound I'm talking about is deeper in the engine. It sounds lika a fan is touching something.

7. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Could be an issue with the AC pump... the clutches do go on these, not heard one click before though

<tuffty/>