Tick Tock!

Lenaldo

Reaction score
Feeling a bit sick here.

Still another 45 minutes till i get my new car.

Is it wrong to feel this excited about a car?:think:

definately not, its perfectly normal !

welcome :)

Not wrong mate I was counting the Hrs away and couldn't sleep the night before I collected mine...silly really I was well excited like X-mas and being a kid

Sorry for not replying before peeps. Feel a bit like Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman here - every journey is the long way round.

Found myself this morning thinking "leave the poor ****** car alone".

Anyway, before i head off for my next lust-fest, the car itself.

Its a 2005 2.0 Tdi S-Line c/w DSG in Missano Red with 1/2 leather and what i can only describe as a silver "waffle" sort of material on the seats and door cards. 20K on the clock. Scored at the dealers as well as they didn't know it had the auto dim mirror pack fitted - might not sound much but anything is better than nothing eh?

Oh, and the previous owner left their Nokia in car kit with the car. Sadly, this was in the glovebox (why leave it with the car AFTER taking it out????) so that'll either go in the bin or on Ebay.

First impressions? Well, i think that no matter how long your test drive is in a DSG equipped car, you never get to see the extent of its abilities. I'm learning hour by hour how to get the best out of this box. I know there are certain posters on here who hate DSG but for my blend of everyday driving, its proving to be everything i'd hoped it would be and more.

The S-Line pack had me sold on looks alone but i wasn't sure about the ride / handling compromise but it's great. I bought a car which looks "sporty" and i'd be disappointed if it didn't drive that way - flat and composed round faster corners. The quality of the rounds up here (Newcastle) can leave a lot to be desired on occasion but overall it's no problems.

Overall, i'm like a dog with 2 tails here and sadly as i'm at work, i've got to wait another 3 hours (and 5 mins) before i can get back behind the wheel.

Guess i can just scour the online parts places for upgrades huh? (first one definitely being the armrest. And the ambient lighting console. And the Ipod adaptor. And.......)

Oh, and for what it's worth, the first song i blasted out after collecting it was "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC. Marvellous.

Hi and welcome perfectly normal still waiting for mine (S4 Quattro)