Thud, Creak, creak, creeeak

NineNails

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Not looked yet but pretty sure I've broken a rear spring, near side (friggin speed humps). Rang Audi and they want nearly £60 and that's each!
Question is... Is there any after-market spring that will give me the same ride height as standard Sport springs and cheaper than £120 for a pair?
Or has anyone got a used spring in good nick they don't need?
Cheers

Hi everyone.
Not looked yet but pretty sure I've broken a rear spring, near side (friggin speed humps). Rang Audi and they want nearly £60 and that's each!
Question is... Is there any after-market spring that will give me the same ride height as standard Sport springs and cheaper than £120 for a pair?
Or has anyone got a used spring in good nick they don't need?
Cheers

I have the same issue, same car, 2001 plate - passengers side....front.

Personally, invest the money a new set all round - nice new set all round lovely and new...

There are breaker yards available, but im sure someone here has one in a corner somewhere.

Marcus

Thanks for the quick replies and yeah it really does make sense to fit lovely shiny new ones but I don''t have pots of cash right now :(
Do you have a seller in mind for the Eibach pro kit Kev? A quick search found me Eibach / Pro Kit Lowering Springs / AUDI A 4 (B5) Limousine / Sedan 1.8 quattro, 1.8 T quattro, 1.9 TDI quattro, 2.4 quattro, 2.6 quattro, 2.8 quattro without automatic gear box From Years: 01.95 - 11.00 / Euro Performance Car Parts
I'm sure they are top notch but I really can't stretch to 200 notes at the moment mate. Was kinda hoping someone might just have a 1BE spring knocking about their shed or something.

Last edited:
While we are on the subject, what is the standard spring length on the 1.8TQS?

Google.co.uk

Searched Audi A3 Springs....

Eibach are the way forward though, mine are going on the same time as the FMIC....some of these companies also do finance, so there is a way. But if you just want a quick fix, seriously just go througha breaker yard, they will call YOU to try to sell it, and deliver. get a local mechanic to fit it. Good luck

I have a much better idea.
Sell me your car - cheap :sorry:

Got a set on a 1998 Tdi .... Any good?

I'd make sure you buy the "1.8T Quattro without Airconditioning" springs, even though the car has AC. If you buy the AC ones they're V6 poundage, and will make the car sit stupid.

IIRC mine were about £160 for the set, i baught them from Virdee on Audi SRS.

If its a saloon you have, you want E1534-140

A4 B5 1.8/1.8T Quattro Eibach Pro Kit Springs E1534-140 | eBay

Last edited:
Well after much searching I couldn't really beat the above recommendation from Kev for the pro springs, so I've just bought those ones off ebay. Just means another bill will be 'deferred' later this month lol.
Cheers for the heads up on them Kev.

E-mail I just got said:
Hi

Thanks for ordering the Eibach Pro-Kit Spring kit with C&R Enterprises.

Unfortunately these springs are currently out of stock with both us and Eibach UK, however, we have managed to secure the only one kit which Eibach Germany has in stock. We have ordered the kit on your behalf and it will be delivered directly to you in about 10 – 14 days.

I hope this delay does not cause you a major problem.

Regards

John
C&R Enterprises

Annoys the hell out of me this kind of thing. Why sell stuff you haven't got in stock ***!!!!

Just to update:- I fitted the new shiny Eibach springs at the weekend and all I can say is SUPERB! They have made such a difference to the car. Ride is more firm but not too much, so a lot of roll has gone and lift on acceleration has been reduced also. Ride height has dropped a few mm too so that's all good.
A big plus was that both of those nasty upper pinch bolts came out no bother!!! I also replaced those plastic rear drop links with some nice metal Meyle HD ones.
So big thanks to Kev (once again) for the recommendation on the Eibachs ;)