1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Throwing an R8 round Rockingham...

Discussion in 'R8 Forum' started by dbm, Jun 1, 2008.

1. dbm

dbm Active Member

Hey all,
    Decided to treat my self to the Audi Advanced Driving Experience after doing the 'basic' one 18 months ago. The top car in this event was the R8, and we got to spend a good hour or more in the car on the track, either driving or co-piloting.

Man, what a car! The power is one thing, but the handling is something else! As we were a small group on the day, all five R8s were being piloted by us punters and the instructor was driving an RS4. She was a brilliant driver, however she really had to drive the RS4 on the ragged edge to keep in front of the R8.

I think tomorrow is the last day planned for this set of track days, however if you can afford it I would definitely recommend giving this day a go!

Cheers
    Dan
  2. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

How much damage we talking about Dan? :ninja:
  3. dbm

dbm Active Member

It was £599 for the day, which is really good value for money compared to 'super car days' that you can buy elsewhere.

To go on the day you have to have already done the 'basic' day, which was also fantastic and involved piloting the RS4 amongst other cars, and cost £499.

They really do teach you useful stuff on both days, and the cars are of coarse brilliant if you are a fan of the four rings. I have found myself using the techniques learned on the road all the time, it's not just for when driving on a track.

Treat yourself, you know you want to!

Cheers
    Dan

PS - I'll put a couple of photos up at the weekend when I'm back home.
  4. Shy19s

Shy19s Oil running through my veins.

you can do the R8 experience for £99 in oxford, search buy a gift or something... Im doing the supercar one in a few months, was a birthday present.. would love to get out in the R8 tho.
  5. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

Hey im doing the R8 and Lambo one in Leicester i think, got it for an Xmas pressie off the missus, going to have to book it up soon, as they are only valid for 9 months or so....
  6. Shy19s

yeah mine expires in november, waiting for good weather to book it.. We hired a gallardo for a mates bday, there alot of fun.. you'll love that. I seriously wana get out in a R8 tho.
  7. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

Yea i cant wait, but the same as you, im just waiting for some REALLY good weather....the thought of spinning one of them beasts out on a dry road is nerving enough but doing it in the wet....well...wooooohooooo!!!!
  8. Shy19s

Yeah should be good.
  9. Edition30

Edition30 If in doubt, flat out.

Sorry to bring an old thread up but it sounds amazing and these driving days are definately on my wish list. Dont mean to dampen the experience days for £99 or whatever but they will be very limited in comparison to the £400+ advanced driving.