1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Through-load facility

AllanG Feb 7, 2014

1. AllanG

AllanG Stronic

Was thinking of adding the through-load facility to my saloon order, as it would be nice to have the rear arm rest, however, £150 seems quite expensive for this facility.....so, can anyone who has this option tell me if they think it's worthwhile, and does it affect the 'comfort' of the seat back when carrying three in the back?

2. Ecosphere

Ecosphere Member

Whilst I think it should come as standard for me it's one of better value options on A/S 3. Gives a bit of extra storage space, allows access to boot storage on long journeys and of course allows long items to be carried without lowering rear seats. IMO rear armrest finishes rear seats and makes rear more comfortable on long journeys also.

3. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

Had it on wife's last 2 8p Audis . Not bothering this time as rarely have rear passengers or skis on board in the A/S 3

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  4. JohnM100

JohnM100 #teamSepang VCDS Map User Gold Supporter

I have it but not for the armrest (which I have only used once and that was whilst exploring & playing when the car was new).

Agree with previous posts as I ordered it for the flexibility it adds to transporting skis, poles etc without having to put a seat down.

John.

5. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon

I don't ski neither do I pole dance, thus the load through would be a waste of money for me...

CHEZ and Scott like this.
  6. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

Lol. +1

7. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

Neither do I but I have found the Through-load useful for carrying long pieces of timber home from B+Q!!

Strangely on my existing 8P Sportback I had to have the Through-load because I wanted electric seat operation. Never did follow that logic. When I was ordering my dealer even phoned Audi UK to check that was correct as he also thought it a bit strange but it was correct. On the 8V you can have electric seat operation without necessarily having to have Through-load as well but as I have found it useful I decided I would have it again.

8. Leeber

Leeber Active Member

I got it for three reasons.

1. I own a sailing dinghy so hoping this will allow me to carry the rolled up sail in the car (assuming it's not too long, it did just about fit in the A5) although this could be achieved by just putting the seat down.

2. Kids! Cup holders hopefully will prevent mess.

3. Kids! It should make for a decent DMZ avoiding fights over back seat territory.

Also provides access to the boot from within the car without having to get one of the kids' car seats out and put a seat down.

9. AllanG

AllanG Stronic

Thanks for all the comments so far, but as I haven't actually seen an A3 fitted with this facility, would anyone who has this be so kind as to post some photos showing the armrest down and the cup holders.....or PM them to me.

Many thanks!

10. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon

I think I've seen some videos on youtube showing it on the saloon...

11. MatthewB

MatthewB New Member

Sorry Allan, ignore the PM I sent you - figured it was easier to just take the photos regardless while there was some daylight left (so you may have already seen something by now)...

DSC01425.JPG
    DSC01426.JPG
    DSC01427.JPG
    DSC01428.JPG
    DSC01429.JPG
    DSC01430.JPG

12. AllanG

AllanG Stronic

Many thanks, Matthew....great photos....and I have replied to your PM.