1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

throttle position sensor

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by turboaudi, Mar 21, 2007.

1. turboaudi

turboaudi Member

i need a new tps for my 1,8 t a4. just wondering if anyone knows if i can just buy the sensor or do i have to buy the whole throttle housing,,,, fanks
  2. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

You can buy the TPS seperately, but it would need re-calibrating or it would have no ******* idea where it was. I'm not 100% sure if the Audi re-calibrates itself after driving it for a bit and leaving it to idle. If not you can re-calibrate it with VAG-COM or 50/51. Also check it definetely is just the TPS and check the breathers to the throttle body!

Give ECP head office a call 0208 956 5000! they should be able to source you one!

Hope this helps!

Gav
  3. billybravo

billybravo MODERATOR Moderator

i also need one came up on vag-com as

16505 throttle position sensor p0121-35-10 (G69) do you have a ruff idea how much these cost

and also to calibrate the sensor to have to just do an adaption??

thanks
  4. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

01.99 Onwards it's £12.67+VAT

Can't find a pre 99 one at the moment though, and i'm not sure if it will work with a pre 99 A4. Try giving our HO a call :)

If you live anywhere near West Sussex, My girlfriends dad is south-east technical manager for skoda, and works closely with the VAG group. So you could use his copy of 50/51 :)
  5. billybravo

hiya im in manchester i use the trafford depot alot could you do me a favor phantom have a dig around and make some calls see if you can source one and have it sent upto the trafford depot please please please :)
  6. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

I'll have a look for you buddy, they can order via inter branch transfer. So they can order it in and when it's in you can collect it and pay for it then, they wont say no. But i'll get you all the info you need and where they can get it from :)

Also if you find it doesnt actually fit, you can return it. Hopefully this will solve your problem though!
  7. billybravo

Your the man thank you.
  8. billybravo

any news dude

just so you know my car is a 1996 AEB engine