throttle pedal bouncing?????

205man

Reaction score
the throttle pedal in my 1999 2.8 quattro seems to sometimes bounce/shake or vibrate when i hit hit a decnt bump in the road, it only seems to do it when its passenger side that hits a big bump, otherwise its fine

im new to the a4 but cant see why hitting a bump would cause to throttle to do this......help please

alan

i think the lack of replies means its a very odd one indeed !
I would look at the suspension strut for the passenger side and make sure everything is ok, baffled as to why you would feel it on the pedal though, maybe vibration from driveshafts or something

dont know if car has a throttle cable i havent took the covers away round the pedal to see, but could feel one when i reached uo their just a box/wires.

and the pedal seems to sort of vibrate more than lift up

I have just experianced something similar as I went over one of those small sharp edged speed bumps. I was driving over it so my foot was on the throttle and I hit it a little faster than I normally would and the throttle pedal juddered in a similar way to the way the brake pedal does when the ABS is activated.

I've no idea what it is, and I've not noticed it at any other times, so probably not much help to you, but at least you know you're not going mad :eek:)

Nic

I would say it would be something in the engine bay....Depending on how fast you actually hit it, it might be getting caught on something. They are quite taught!

ok ill have to have a look under the bonnet and see if anything is hitting the cable if i can find it lol, im glad audi made it easy to work on lol.

alan

I have had the same thing on my '95 1.8. Couldn't say what causes it, but I do know that the wish bone bearings are on their way out on that side. Mine is on the drivers side tho!

is it an auto? probably throttle cable to auto box if it is

mine sometime has an involutary blip that I can feel with my foot, pedal just moves a couple of mm, no obvious revving. doesn't bother me, tends to be when stationary

there is a throttle body cable for the autobox for kickdown could be caught check around the gearbox that cables aren't caught