THROTTLE Hestitation after new MAF

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Hello fellas. Bought a new MAF for my 2.8 30v. Defo the right part number etc...Got it from ebay,£45. This is the link.......NEW Air flow mass MAF meter sensor AUDI A4 2.8 B5 | eBay UK

Fitted it and now when the throttle is depressed it takes about a second before the revs climb. Its hesitating like crazy!! Is this just the ecu getting used to a new MAF, or a shoddy MAF? havnt had time to change it back to the other one yet. ****** annoying as it was supposed to make the car smoother, but its done the opposite! The part numbers on the ebay link matched the part number on the old hitachi MAF, but the ebay one hasnt got ANY writing/numbers/manufacturers stamp on it. Tempted to get my money back and go to the stealership for one instead!!! Any ideas how much they are?

Cheers guys...

Ollie

I would go OEM. I went thru 4 MAF's in 6months before I bought an OEM one been fine for the last 4months. GSF or similar should sell them, about £90 for my factory reconditioned bosch one.

Cheap mafs typically cause all sorts of headaches, so i'd say thats the problem!

Whats wrong with the original one?

Took it out and cleaned it with carb cleaner in a hope it would return my car to a nice smooth idle. This was some time ago (you may remember my thread about 2 years ago ref my car stalling when the clutch was in/horrible lumpy revs/revs dropping off). After much expense and a hell of a lot of new parts later i cured it (turned out to be the TB, so i bought/fitted a new one). However the prob is slowly returning so I treated it to a new MAF. Think I will go oe come Monday. ****** ebay. I should know better!