Throttle Body

CarbonBlack

Reaction score
Just a quick one guy's, are the £100 Throttle Bodies on Ebay any good? I'd rather buy a new one than a used item but they go from like £100 to like £500 lolol

Cheers mate, I thought most of the regulars would know me by now but your right It's probably still a good idea :)

2001 A3 8L Sport 1.8t AUM

There isn't really a link as there's a few different Sellers selling them at around £100. I just typed in "Audi A3 Throttle Body". It seems a few of them are from China but they do say that they are genuine OE Bosch items!?

Last edited:
Will they not be genuine Bosch then?! Where do people suggest getting 1 from?

As far as I am aware, all 20v 1.8t DBW throttle bodies are the same... you can look at VW's, SEAT's and Skodas too if you are hunting around... I wouldn't expect to pay more than 50 ish quid for one tbh as they are everywhere

They don't go wrong often so getting a second hand one if a fairly safe bet tbh...

<tuffty/>

Ummum, maybe get a used 1 then. I just wanted to get a new 1 as they might not go wrong too often but if it is that that's gone on my Car + my mates did on his Golf & I have seen quite a few Thread's on here about them going faulty, then maybe now all this electronic stuff is getting 12 + years old it's starting to get to that point were their all failing!? Do you defo think it's worth just buying a used 1 then? I didn't think £100 was too bad at all but if their going to be dodgy etc then I won't bother! The model number on it doesn't have to be the same then either?

Dunno mate tbh... as mentioned above there are billions of 20v tb's available from as little as 20 quid... I'd take a chance on one of those rather than an unknown one tbh... it comes with a 12 month warranty I guess so there is always that assuming they honour of course :/

<tuffty/>