Throttle body swap

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Hello fellas. I've just bought a new TB for my 2.8 30v in an attempt to finally correct the stalling issue after doing everything else! Does anyone know whats involved/have a write up or guide? Apart from the TB itself do I need anything else for the swap? And when its done can I calibrate it the way I usually do (by turning the key and waiting for the whining noise to go or do I need vagcom? Any info on this would be terrific!

Ollie

I replaced mine a month ago,its not too difficult,just abit fiddly with it being at the back of the engine.once acc cable and fuel hoses are removed,there are 4 allen key bolts holding it to the inlet manifold,one of which is a bigger size.once the bolts have been removed,you have to prise a breather pipe out at the same time,as you will feel some resistance when the tb is unbolted.if you want any further help,pm for my number.hope that helps

Thanks mate your a legend!!! Do you have to remove the fuel injectors? TBH I was going to remove the intake manifold at the same time and give it a good clean out. The amount of crap that was clogging up the vaccum pipes was phenominal!!

i did the same thing,once i'd took the tb off,i was suprised it actually ran!the breathers was clogged solid,took most of the weekend to clear it all out.if you do take the inlet off,just be carefull with the manifold runner,it has some very fine plastic sealant rings,like hens teeth to find!i stripped the manifold,runner,injectors etc,soaked for a day with degreaser,and carefully washed it through.new gaskets,vac pipes etc,it runs alot better now,still idling badly though.just fitted temp sender today,again it feels better to drive,but that bas###d idle!!
over the next couple of weekends,i'm decatting and having it re mapped,maybe at Monster Motorsport,who deal with REVo_Or if anyone else knows of decent tuner??

It will be interesting to see if the remap will make a difference in the it idling. if it works i will have to try it!