throttle body alignment and boost leak, opinions wanted please.

brys3

Reaction score
is it true if you open the drivers door and bonnet then turn the ignition on it aligns the throttle body? when would the best time to do this be, when engine warm or cold? also ive got a boost leak, which pipework should i generally be looking at. im mechanically minded but the 20v engine is that compact i dont know where to start. the s3 is running pretty crap at the minute and im bringing her over to england to drive to the f1 at the weekend and would like to fix it before then.

sorry cant awser this questioon but can i ask whats the benifit of throttle body ?? and is that insted of a induction kit im now to all this modding hope you have a good time at silverstone

This was proved as a myth on the Vortex Forum a while ago (can't find the link to it since they updated their forum though).

Best bet is to get it aligned using VCDS or similar. Take the throttle body off and clean all the build up that will have accumulated on it from the years of use, refit, align using VCDS or similar and bobs your mother brother.

Search for the VCDS owners list on this forum if you don't know of someone who does have it.

I'm not sure where you are located but if you or any member does require a scan and lives around the coventry / warks area, I would be happy to help.