Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
hey guys,
so i have plugged my 2.0TDi (140) in and these codes are coming up:

P3101 - Motor for Intake Manifold Flap (V157) Short to Ground
P0245 - Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) Short to Ground
P3373 - Intake Manifold Change-Over Valve Short to Ground

the intake/inlet valve is constantly at 100% i have tried to do a re-calibration but VCDS cant connect to it.

so here is my question, will replacing the throttle body solve my problem and get me out of limp mode and back motoring? or is there something else out of place somewhere?

any help will be much appreciated
Damon

Have you cleaned the egr valve and made sure the flap is moving freely? If not follow one of the guides to clean egr's, its git to be worth a go considering its quite easy and only beneficial even if it didnt work!

The throttle body on the diesels will always be 100% open , because they work on fuelling and vacuum. But mostly fueling. This below should help if you havent already found it. If there is a boost issue it will in some cases go into limp. So just replace your n75 which is simple fix. check the wiring to it first if its all snug if it is then its usually the n75 unit which is common. And based on what ive read I think the flaps in your inlet manifold have jammed or got stuck. The intake manifold is mostly the part after the throttle body.

19559/P3103/012545 - Motor for Intake Manifold Flap (V157): Open or Short to Ground
Possible Symptoms

• Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
  • Increased Fuel Consumption
  • Engine shut-off delayed/rough
  • Insufficient Acceleration above 100-120 km/h (60-70 mph)
Possible Causes
  • Fuse(s) faulty
  • Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Motor for Intake Manifold Flap (V157) faulty
  • Motor for Intake Manifold Flap (V157) faulty
Possible Solutions
  • Check Fuse(s)
  • Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Motor for Intake Manifold Flap (V157)
  • Check/Replace Motor for Intake Manifold Flap (V157)
16629/P0245/000581 - Solenoid Valve (A) for Boost Pressure Control (N75): Short to Ground
Possible Causes

• Fuse(s) faulty
  • Engine Electronics Power Supply Relay (J757) faulty
  • Boost Pressure Control Valve (N75) faulty
  • Wiring/Connectors from/to Boost Pressure Control Valve (N75) faulty
Possible Solutions
  • Check Fuse(s)
  • Check Engine Electronics Power Supply Relay (J757)
  • Check Boost Pressure Control Valve (N75)
  • Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Boost Pressure Control Valve (N75)

Reactions: damfly27
thanks for that, i did have it all like that from VCDS just didn't want to post it all and clog up my initial post.

sounds like the N75 and taking the inlet manifold off are the next port of call then.

Thanks again :thumbs up:

Mine is a4 2.0 tdi 140 and throttle is always at 95%. Apparently this is right but for some reason my car is slightly noisier than others ive heard through the airbox on tickover. I cant see why it should be fully open on tickover. My revs are apparently a tiny bit higher than they should be on tickover so im not sure

It is ALWAYS fully open when running unless running a specific engine strategy. The engine speed is controlled via fuel injection directly into the cylinder. If your revs are slightly higher, that could explain the noise difference.

Not sure why its higher. Need to check my injectors are set right

So I have changed the N75 valve and still getting short to ground faults. Traced all the loom and there is no break in any of it...

Could these EGR readings effect this?
4285e79edc3eb1e36c9e507f76436ae3.jpg

Not sure what to do next?
Any pointers would be great :)