1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts please - Audi Cambelt price match promise

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by B-J-P, Dec 5, 2011.

1. B-J-P

B-J-P Member

[Dec 5, 2011]
    I have been in contact with my local audi who have a price promise on offer. The deal is for the cambelt to be replaced at £399 incl vat or if you find it cheaper elsewhere they will match the price.

I have managed to get a cheaper quote from a couple of other local repairers, their price includes the waterpump which they recommend is replaced at the same time as the cambelt. The cost of the waterpump is circa £35 (genuine part)

However when contacting Audi they will not match the price to include the waterpump and want a further £100 to fit it. Therefore I feel their price match is flawed in that the majority of the time when the cambelt is replaced the waterpump should also be replaced.

The quote I have had from a local garage to replace camblet and waterpump with genuine parts is £370 incl vat.

anyone else had any experience of this ?

thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

[Dec 5, 2011]
    That price sounds ok to me (£370). Make sure the service book is filled in by the garage.
  4. TimG

TimG Active Member

[Dec 5, 2011]
    I had my Belt and Pump changed at AMD in Essex for £312 all in, never paid more than this on any of my VAG cars so £370 seems a bit much.
    Don't go to Audi, EVER.
  5. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

[Dec 5, 2011]
    audi had a deal on main dealer £399 fitted not sure if its still on, but £312 sounds niceee as well
  6. 55_UK

55_UK Y.N.W.A.

[Dec 5, 2011]
    just paid £300 for cambelt, water pump and the kit (as he called it) he also did a service...(local garage)

audi are rip offs!