Thoughts needed from ITG Maxogen S3 owners

prt57

Reaction score
Hi,
I about thinking about changing my intake to the open cone ITG Maxogen.
I know it flows well, seems well made and a bit ugly in some people's eyes.
My question relates to the foam filter. What keeps the filter in shape as I have seen various examples on the net that look a bit mangled?
Also I do not want a system that rubs the filter on pipe work, headlights etc. Is it possible to adjust the filter so that nothing rubs at all?
In comparison, my Neuspeed P Flo that fits really well where nothing rubs is maybe robbing me of a few BHP and ft lbs on my stage 2+ S3!
I have also read they you may lose some low down torque with the ITG but benefit more at the top end.
What are your thoughts on this and are there any other down sides? And finally, I don't want a Revo or a VWR!
Cheers,
Peter

Hi,
I about thinking about changing my intake to the open cone ITG Maxogen.
I know it flows well, seems well made and a bit ugly in some people's eyes.
My question relates to the foam filter. What keeps the filter in shape as I have seen various examples on the net that look a bit mangled?
Also I do not want a system that rubs the filter on pipe work, headlights etc. Is it possible to adjust the filter so that nothing rubs at all?
In comparison, my Neuspeed P Flo that fits really well where nothing rubs is maybe robbing me of a few BHP and ft lbs on my stage 2+ S3!
I have also read they you may lose some low down torque with the ITG but benefit more at the top end.
What are your thoughts on this and are there any other down sides? And finally, I don't want a Revo or a VWR!
Cheers,
Peter

Hi Peter.

I've never had problems with the ITG on mine.
The filter may get a bit squashed behind the left hand headlight housing,but that was never an issue either in terms of flow.

Nothing ever rattled or came loose,and whilst it looks like,and is a collection of pipes and elbows,it works extremely well,and will flow enough for over 600bhp.
Torque.....never seen any losses compared to my previous old Forge,but that's pretty old tech now.

This was the really old Forge.....nicely made,but not in the ITG league of big...

ITG initial filter here....

And still going strong...

The ITG filter is,as far as I know,unsupported inside,and uses the foam construction itself to maintain the shape of the filter,and that being the case,I never had any problems with the filter deforming.
I now have an AMD(Airtec) filter on it,which is also unsupported.

I have an ITG foam filter connected to a Revo pipe. From what I remember, it had a thin metal mesh inside that allowed it to keep its shape, so it will never collapse.

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

I have an ITG foam filter connected to a Revo pipe. From what I remember, it had a thin metal mesh inside that allowed it to keep its shape, so it will never collapse.

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

There's a mesh screen at the base of the filter,but from ITG's site,the rest of the filter may or may not be supported....either way,it seems fine.
I was v happy with the way it performed,and am only thinking of going to a full 90mm system now.