1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts after re-map and DPF removed

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by audiruss, Aug 25, 2013.

1. audiruss

audiruss New Member

I've just had the car re-mapped and had the DPF removed. I'm sure it's faster but doesn't feel faster as there's no jolt when the turbo kicks in, just a smoother delivery from lower revs which I'm sure is a good thing?

My question is, people who have also had this done, do you feel the same? Or did it feel much quicker when you drove it after the map? I also thought my gear changes don't seem as snappy (s-Tronic), it feels more like a normal auto box rather than the quick DSG change. I don't know if it's just me being paranoid or if this is the norm?

Once again, any thoughts most welcome.

Thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. T3nnant

T3nnant Active Member

It transformed my car, I have the 2.0 tdi 170 Quattro and now it actually feels what it should.
    power is unreal and when the turbo comes on boost I have a huge amount of power which is delivered really smoothly.

Hardly any turbo lag and have a nice spooling noise to go with it.
    +no more dfp worries.

4. JJ.Foulds

JJ.Foulds Well-Known Member

What map did you get? i ask because iv heard people sell bad maps! and im sure the s-tronic requires a separate map for tweeking? (someone confirm?)

JJ.

5. Rhyso

Rhyso Active Member
    VCDS Map User

Did you have a full remap or just the DPF protocols removed from the ECU??

just a remap on its own will make a big difference

6. The Governor

The Governor Active Member

It'd be good to get a "trusted DPF Removal/Remap" thread going for those of us who've yet to do it...

Out of interest, do you have to tell the insurance if you have a DPF removal?

7. Rhyso

Rhyso Active Member
    VCDS Map User

its a modification so yes you should

8. The Governor

Any indications of the effect on insurance cost?

9. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance in Scotland
    Regional Rep VCDS Map User

In theory its actually not a modification as your not adding to the car your removing from the car. Ive read on a few other forums that you dont need to inform your insurance company about the DPF delete but seing as its getting remapped I would tell them just for piece-of-mind.

And if its DSG then yes the gearbox ECU has to be remapped also and there are 2 ways of doing this.....1st is by remapping the DSG ECU itself and 2nd there is a hack for the DSG that compliments the remap.........the 2nd option is standard practise on Shark Performance remaps unless you want the in depth remap for the ECU itself in which case you have to go to Shark HQ.

10. The Governor

I'll call mine sometime, I'm thinking of having mine done after warranty, I don't want a big power remap to be honest...