Thought about a Double DIN?

RyanS3TT

Reaction score
Ive seen a touchscreen Bluetooth, Aux, USB, SD card, MP3, cd, cdrw, etc etc Double DIN stereo that I REALLLY like..

however as we all know, my Audi isnt double DIN, has anyone tried to fit one?

I know a company can do it for £150.

anyone got it done?

Thanks, Ryan

A few people have done this, I'm also going to do it soon. You could do it yourself but there is a bit of modification needed so if you're not that competent I'd get soemone else to do it, I personally think £150 is a bit much.

its pretty simple if your carfull, had to do it wwhen i upgraded to sat nav but the hardest thing is trimming
the climate to fit right so if your not that confident and that price is including moving climate then not bad
for piece of mind

Id like to give it ago myself,
Anyone got photos of the job finished?

Wouldnt it just be a job of removing Audi headunit trimming dash and fitting doubledin with cage?

<<Ryan

I have double DIN and i am not 100% confident that a normal double DIN headunit would fit straight in. I dont know if anyone heer has fitted a double DIN HU themselves though, personally I wanted single DIN so I had to modify an fascia off another model of car as they dont make one for the S3

I would like to chnage my pre-facelift dash to a facelift one just purely for a double-din unit, love them.

headunit.png

heres my double din head unit in a facelift a3