1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This sounds safe!

Khufu May 12, 2004

1. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

2. S3DBW

S3DBW Member

3. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

Nothing wrong with that. They are a pretty good idea for a N/A car. Cheaper alternative to an turbo/supercharger, but obviously not as good.

Rich

4. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

I just thought that the ecu would need to be remapped to compensate for the extra airflow. Hey, if I got one could I put a Merc Kompressor badge on my car LOL

5. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    khufu said:
    I just thought that the ecu would need to be remapped to compensate for the extra airflow. Hey, if I got one could I put a Merc Kompressor badge on my car LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it really depends on how much it boosts. Its probably only a very low boost pressure like 0.3 bar in which case the ECU would compensate for the extra air. Would need to do som logging with VAG-COM tho really. For the price, its worth a go. Do a bit of research first!

Rich

6. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    khufu said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the ECU can cope with the minimal breeze that these devices create. We had a discussion about them ages ago, and as Rich says, you will get barely a few PSI above atmospheric pressure on most applications.

7. Jonc

Jonc Member

Why bother strapping a hair dryer to your car, brings a whole new meaning for a "hairdressers" car. bearing in mind that turbos spin up to 100k rpm and this only spins to 8000 rpm, its more likely to cause a restriction to flow, especially if its switched off. Imagine what it sounds like while your driving along with this thing blowing!