This 'Bose' business..........

Dan Gliballs

Reaction score
Were these set-ups only fitted on facelift S4's?

I have a straight-forward Concert headunit in my pre-facelift S4, and the speaker-grills don't have any badging on.

Is it easy to upgrade?

Cheers ;)

I wouldn't bother. Unless you can pick them up cheap from ebay the cost is stupid and to be truthful there are better speaker and amp set ups you can get for a lot less, this is why they are on ebay in the frst place. I have Bose on mine and have replaced both front speakers, which seaks for itself. Post this on the ice forum and they will be able to direct you to a much improved speaker set up for a lot less than Bose

mine is a facelift s4 with the concert single unit in it. No Bose for me:sorry:

Bose was a cost upgrade on all A4's about £500 IIRC. And to retrofit it even if you can get a complete system is a nightmare for very little improvement.

I was quite impressed with my Bose system, both clarity and bass for a 'standard' install.
Can't have that good an ear then... :shrug:

This set-up sounds pretty good ANYway to me :)

But then again I AM a half deaf drummer.

Yes, OK for a standard install, but as it's an upgraded Premium Sound System then it sucks

I love my BOSE, its not as good as some I suppose, i think its better than the Harmon/Kardon upgrade in the BMW range.
Not as good as replacing all your speakers with Boston Accoustics ones however.

Hi anyone,

I got an 2006 A4 sedan and just bought a new Bose system (10 speakers and an amp) for it. Did anyone here experience to retrofit bose system ever? If so, can you guys please advise me?

Cheers,
kemthongminh

Mine's prefacelift, oct 1998?!? at least i think it is, It has the bose system although it need attention. On the lower front door speaker there's a bose logo, seems the easiest way to tell if you have it installed. Also stick your ear up to the center pillar, the holes at the top hold tweeters with the bose system.

It's a lot of work to retrofit as you need to run all new wiring, both for the amp front to rear and for the front speakers. Totally not worth it even if you were lucky enough to get all the wiring with the system.
BTW the tweeters are in the front doors on both Bose & non Bose. In fact the Bose system doesn't even use Bose tweeters, just the stock Nokia ones.

Not entirely, but you'd expect all round Bose really wouldn't you, considering they replace everything else, and the tweeters are pretty key in any system?