1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thinking of what to do next....

wagon Aug 17, 2009

1. wagon

wagon cock locked and ready to rock

helllllllllllo

just thinking of a few ideas and wonder if its possible and if anyone knows about prices.

fitting an mk1 TT dash in an S3 (pre - facelift) (just like the look of it)

getting the leather seats re-trimmed in a different colour, im thinking a brown colour.

oh and some wheels, looking for audi/VW wheels but have no idea what to go for.

anyone got some ideas.

my S3 is noggy blue by the way.

2. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

your talking a lot of wedge with the retrim and fitting a TT dash

3. emery1990

emery1990 Active Member

Unless youve got a friend who does upholstry? ive got a friends dad who works for dfs, not sure whether he could do my seats. i would like my fabric( black and blue horrible) to be changed to the black suede fabric.

4. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

Dont fit a Mk1 TT dash, they're horrid!!.

My other half has a TT and the instrument pod looks soooo bad considering how nice the rest of the car looks.

As for a retrim...why not!. Look up a local seat trimmers and go and see their work. I know of a fantastic trimmers but its in Southend. They did a top job on my bug a few years ago.

T

5. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

I wish i had half black leather and half white suede, leathers too slidy haha.

6. emery1990

emery1990 Active Member

great minds thinks alike, i was going to say that but thought how dirt the white would get !!

7. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Yeah but you seen cream leather when it cracks?

8. emery1990

emery1990 Active Member

cant say i have.

9. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Not very actually... light brushing, quick hover and the occasional de-bobble and its sweet as... silver alcantara FTW...

<tuffty/>

10. IIIadidasboy

IIIadidasboy Member

As already said, a re-trim can be expensive - but if I was doing it then MJ Interiors would get my vote - they've done some absolutely fantastic work on Audis and VWs in the past:

http://www.mjinteriors.co.uk/

Only problem is they're not exactly local, but when you're forking out for something like this then quality is more important than geography!!

As for the wheels, have a look in the pics thread in the stickies section for some ideas - personally I think a noggy looks good with black or anthracite wheels

11. wagon

12. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

13. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

I checked for retrim on my A3. The company i was gonna use said it cost about £750-£800 on front and back seats all depends on what colour i choice and the stitching. I'll try find the email i had off them, as i cant remember there name and found them on ebay. When i checked out the website looked really good quailty and had loads of pictures from all different cars they have done. I do like the RS6 alloys on 8L S3.

14. MintyS3

MintyS3 Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Get some tan porsche seats. Would go well with the blue car I think.

15. Ian W

Ian W Active Member

Little bit off topic but I didn't think you could get noggy blue pre-facelifts ? (I am right thinking yours is?)

16. wagon

yeah mate, mines a 2000 on a W,