1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thinking of turning my a4 to an s4 any thoughts tips...

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by ossipo77, Aug 19, 2011.

1. ossipo77

ossipo77 New Member

[Aug 19, 2011]
    i have a 98 a4 quattro with a 2.8 v6 car has about 72k on it just redid the clutch with a excedy twin plate other than that car is completely stock how much can i pick the turbo kit for along with the intercooler ansd exhaust let me know???
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Aug 19, 2011]
    Would it not be easier to just buy a similar age S4 and be done with it?
    Sarah's A3 likes this.
  4. S4_dan

S4_dan Fire up the Quattro!

[Aug 19, 2011]
    Due to age of your car and price of a similar aged S4, financially, it would be cheaper to buy an S4. The 2.8 V6 Heads are N/A and S4 heads are forced induction. It's not just a simple 'whack a turbo, intercooler and exhaust on' job.

If it's the challenge of doing a conversion that you're after, then go for it. but expect a bottomless pocket of money to chuck at it.
  5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Aug 19, 2011]
    Even if you were to convert the car, you'd really need the entire 2.7tt engine, and most of the front end of an S4.

The heads and cams are different, the inlets different, the pistons are different, the pipes are all different, the wiring harness is different, lubrication and sump is different etc etc etc. Even the cooling system, radiators, fans etc are different

I'd be looking at selling up and buying an S4.