1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking Of Selling The TDI - What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by emzino, Dec 14, 2007.

1. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

I agree. Save the small fortune from modding up the TDI and wait a bit. With the money you've saved and the money you'll get from your car wont be far off 2nd hand S3 money...
  2. Spin140

Spin140 Active Member

Your fuel bill won't double its more likely to increase by a third, I know i made the same swap and also do mainly short journeys.

If I was in your position I'd keep the Tdi with its hgh spec and save up some cash for another year - your car has lost the bulk of its money now so enjoy all the toys and the good looks and then take another look into changing next year, afterall its a nice car to own at 21 sounds to me like you are just getting a little bored :)
  3. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

So what money are you thinking of spending on your car? Madalex or what ever his name is young with a S3. I just personally wouldn't go from a new A3 to an old S3. Like I said your choice.
  4. fesss_84

fesss_84 Sylar

quatroo sounds well better, iv just got my A3 a couple of months ago, but after this is nothing short of RS4 or similar... just enjoying my A3 at the moment
  5. emzino

emzino Active Member

You got me there hehe. I am a little bored of it already but I should really snap out of it or else i'm going to make some distrastic and possible very regretful decision!

Well the plans were:

-MTM custom remap stage 1 & 2 (possibly 3 with Hybrid Turbo) through QS Tuning
    -Miltek turbo-back system w/200cell Sports CAT (3" downpipe)
    -Carbonio Forced CAI
    -Hofele RS style front end conversion
    -RS4 v2 18" rims
    -Brembo GT Kit brakes or cheaper alternative Black Diamond/EBC

That's it really heh. So were talking roughlyyyy £3000-£4000 worth of mods :shutup2: :tocktock: :scared2:

Think i'll do Plan C which is keep it, work my a*s off and get the A5 3.0TDI Quattro :arco:
  6. mikey_abz

mikey_abz 2007 Audi S3

Not to pi$$ on your fire but have you done an insurance quote for an S3 I'd imagine its going to cost you a small fortune esp (>£1.5-2k) if you only have 1years ncb!!!!

Might be worth while keeping your oil burner, stay safe and save for a new S3 a year or so down the line.
    Its a good feeling buying a new car of this caliber knowing your the first owner.......just a thought.

Mike
  7. Macduff

Macduff Member

You're right, it is controllable and I've altered my driving to do that most of the time but there are times you go for a gap in the wet and just end up spinning. Total PITA. But then Quattro would be totally irrelevant 99% of the time. As it is we're only getting around 35MPG with this colder weather and all the shortish journeys. Guess that would be around 30 in a Quattro. Should have bought a petrol car!
  8. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

Not really, I average about 35 on short journeys and mid 40's on the motorway in my 170 quattro
  9. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

Just keep saving and keep your options open.
  10. emzino

emzino Active Member

I got 3years and that'll be 4 when I hit march.

Right now i'm paying £1200 a year with RAC & i'm 1st driver. I done a quote with Direct Line as 1st driver again on the facelift 225bhp S3 8L and got £1200 again so it's ok.

Think I need to goto the drawing board and do some financing to see which way i'll be best off...

So as for that conclusion, I do thank ALL of you SO SO MUCH for the input, help, advice & guidance. It's aided me hugely and my mum has even had a read through lol

I'll keep you all posted on what happens next :icon_thumright: :respekt:
  11. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

Tell your mum to catch the bus! lol