Thinking of selling the S3 for a BMW

I was in the same dilemma, S3 or 328/330. I always knew that at the end of the day the BM is the drivers car but the S3 imho looks better, is certainly not as common and has the better interior. I guess you just have to way up the pros and cons for your own requirements

Dubplate said:
and this post is valid or helpful ? thanks for the input :think:

Oh look, we're back on the topic but come on, let's talk about how accurate your speedo is...

Hotscar said:
Oh look, we're back on the topic but come on, let's talk about how accurate your speedo is...

i'd say it was as accurate as most S3's....... why how accurate is yours then ?

broomes3 said:
I was in the same dilemma, S3 or 328/330. I always knew that at the end of the day the BM is the drivers car but the S3 imho looks better, is certainly not as common and has the better interior. I guess you just have to way up the pros and cons for your own requirements
I agree the bm is a better drivers car,3 series are more common than the S3 but i dont see many 330 ci's.
Interior is a very close thing,ive just picked up my 330 ci sport and the seats feel as nice the recaro S3 seats but are full electric and memory.
Although they look very different on the outside i really like both.
I was all set to buy an S3 until i borrowed my mates 330 ci to go and test drive an S3,getting out of the S3 and into the bm made my mind up the bm is the car for me.
Broomes3 next time im in blackpool i will give you a shout.Be nice to compare mine and your remapped s3,i will have a few mods by then.

james0808 said:
I agree the bm is a better drivers car,3 series are more common than the S3 but i dont see many 330 ci's.
Interior is a very close thing,ive just picked up my 330 ci sport and the seats feel as nice the recaro S3 seats but are full electric and memory.
Although they look very different on the outside i really like both.
I was all set to buy an S3 until i borrowed my mates 330 ci to go and test drive an S3,getting out of the S3 and into the bm made my mind up the bm is the car for me.
Broomes3 next time im in blackpool i will give you a shout.Be nice to compare mine and your remapped s3,i will have a few mods by then.

saw a nice orient blue 325i Msport with beige leather down at my gym last night... It had the duck tail rear spoiler and wheels off the CSL.... looked stunning :icon_thumright:

Mine is topaz blue,spoiler and 19" Breyton spirit alloys.Cream sport leather.I love it.
Ordered my CAI,getting a eissenman(spelling) exhaust,Drilled and grooved discs front and rear with sports pads,tints and a custom remap.Not sure what power and torque i will get but cant wait.
You was right about that 130mph limiter but i think its only for the yanks.

james0808 said:
Mine is topaz blue,spoiler and 19" Breyton spirit alloys.Cream sport leather.I love it.
Ordered my CAI,getting a eissenman(spelling) exhaust,Drilled and grooved discs front and rear with sports pads,tints and a custom remap.Not sure what power and torque i will get but cant wait.
You was right about that 130mph limiter but i think its only for the yanks.

Orient and Topaz blue were my colours of choice they really suit the car... cream leather.... :arco: your'll have to get some pics up when its done fella sounds like its going to be a cracking car :icon_thumright: this was a 325i Msport that i was looking at before getting the S3.... superb car but wasnt to sure on the grey leather....

cool..... i thought i was losing my marbles as i was sure i'd seen the speed restriction on the BMWs..... :icon_thumright:

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8448/bmw325imsportconvertiblug2.jpg

I had the grey leather in a previous M Sport Coupe, never again.

normal_19.JPG

It looked alright (later models were a lighter shade) but the mats got irreversibly filthy in literally 300 miles. The earlier 'grey' grey just doesn't look that nice imo.