Thinking of selling, but what is my car worth?!

Cossie_boy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am thinking of selling my A3 as not really using it enough and could make better use of the money tied up in it, but am unsure what it is worth.

It is an 02 plate, 1.8 T Quattro Sport, 5 door, 67k FASK and cambelt done 10k ago, just passed MOT and taxed it for a year at start of this month.

The thing is that its a bit of a one off, bascially when new the guy had a 30K budget and had every possible option added, so has full heated black leather, TV and Sat Nav, Symphony system with sub, Xenons, rear parking sensors, one touch electric back windows, climate and electric sun roof, the 17" star alloys, winter pack, and im sure there is some ive forgoten, since ive had it I have had the window tastefully tinted, and chipped by Upsolute.

I would say it is virtually imacculate inside and out, and if someone is looking for one in 5 door is it probably the best you could find, but i dont really know what price to put it on for.

When i search AT there are not many 5 doors at all, and even the 3 doors seem to make reasonable money.

I was hoping somewhere in the 8-9k region, but I am aware for that price you could the later shape in 3.2 and even some S3's.

Any advice or ideas much appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Can't see you getting 8-9k I'm afraid. I had my TQS up for 5.7K a few weeks back and the best offers I was getting was around the 4.5K mark (2001 Y facelift with 77k miles). Even with all the lovely optional extras you have, the price of tax and fuel and the general economic situation is really driving down prices. There's some proper bargain S3s about too, which again drives down the price of our A3s.:(

I've decided to keep mine, no point letting such a nice car go for no money.

Yeah im pretty much the same, if i cant get a sensible price I will just keep it.

I bought and sold cars for 10 years odd so you will always get people offering you stupid money im afraid, and always get cars that on paper and in photos look a lot cheaper than the one your selling...until you go and look at it.

I am only try and see what kinda responce I get really!

we bought a 5 door 2001 facelift 1.8tqs with just over 100k on it for £3500 with full service history etc etc. Not all the option you have, but even so i cannot see them being worth £5000 more at the mo, especially as next year its a lung and a kidney to tax £410

Where u getting £410 from?! I just taxed it 2 weeks ago for £210

Ive already been offered £6500 for it so know its worth more than 5k

Ok u got urs cheap, but its still done 100k

i never said it wasnt worth 5k, i said there is no way the extras and 40k less miles makes your car worth £5k more thats all. We bought ours from Autotrader, and at that time there were a few sub 5k. Good luck with the sale, i recon 6500 is as good as you can get.
Oh and the tax thing is NEXT year, we just taxed ours too for £210, its NEXT year its by emissions and at 216 CO its in the highest band

Least i wont be stung next year . Millage doesn't make much difference unless its really low or really high ...

Well, quite a bit later and I still have the car, each time I drive it i just want to keep it!

There has been quite a change in the market since my last post, and also in my career as I now work as a saleman for a large used car centre(not supermarket!)

I drive lots of different cars each day, and it is a pleasure to get back in mine to drive home, however, i have had it for 2 years now, so part of me wants a change, but part of me knows i will not find another car with all the toys mine has.

Has anyone sold their Audi then regretted it?

There are lots of other cars out there, some i would have never considered but after driving them i have been suprised, but i cant seen to step away from the German stuff!

i never said it wasnt worth 5k, i said there is no way the extras and 40k less miles makes your car worth £5k more thats all. We bought ours from Autotrader, and at that time there were a few sub 5k. Good luck with the sale, i recon 6500 is as good as you can get.
Oh and the tax thing is NEXT year, we just taxed ours too for £210, its NEXT year its by emissions and at 216 CO its in the highest band

Mark, I thought it was 226 the highest band???

I just read my original post back, and I think I was a bit keen thinking of 8-9k, lol

This is very true, for, ok £6500 ishhhhhh i am hoping to get, there is not much else about that compares, each time i search Autotrader i just come back to looking at Audis and VW's!