Thinking of buying this B7 A4 but...

daveB5

Reaction score
06 A4 sline, 2 yrs nct For Sale in Wicklow : €8,000 - DoneDeal.co.uk

Been looking at this car for the last few days and am thinking of buying it, just looking for opinions from here first, the first thing I want to do is have the clear indicators in the headlights like the 07 model, is this a case of changing bulbs or are they completely different lights? I've had b5's and b6's but this will be my first b7 so know little about them.

Went through picture thread for last few hours so would love some suggestions on what mods you'd recommend. Going to buy an rns-e and have a crack at fitting that too.

Thanks in advance, need help!

Also besides PistonHeads and Auto Trader, any good classifieds worth checking out?

Looks like a really nice car :icon_thumright: here's a link to the clear corner mod B7 A4/S4: Clear Corner Mod/Removal of Bumper. As for recommended mod's fit an RS4 grille, Cupra R splitter, remap (if not already done... would assume so at 180bhp haha no model comes stock with 180bhp), delete DPF, cat and EGR.

Cheers for reply, is there an easier way of sorting out the clear corners? Cos there's no way I'd be able for that tutorial, not my forté :p I reckon it's already been remapped, Cupra R splitter would be nice alright, keep it black or spray it?

Most keep the splitter as is, but I decided to vinyl wrap mine in brushed steel

Cheers for reply, is there an easier way of sorting out the clear corners? Cos there's no way I'd be able for that tutorial, not my forté :p I reckon it's already been remapped, Cupra R splitter would be nice alright, keep it black or spray it?
Wish there was but unfortunately most jobs to do with the front lights on the b7 require the bumper to be removed, there are other ways of performing the clear corner mod but they're just as complex and need the bumper off. Splitter looks good as it is but what Macdoon's done looks good too or could go carbon, body colour, etc, all preference really.

Have decided instead to import one from the UK, I find that there's a lot more choice on eBay than anywhere else for some reason, they had been blocking search results for UK cars on .ie website so I thought there was just none there.
AUDI A4 S LINE SE 2.0 TDI 170 SPECIAL EDITION | eBay

I put a bid on this and can meet the reserve however I can't go much more than £5,500 and it'll probably hit £6k.

Dave,

You're right, there's so much more choice when you're looking for an Audi especially over in the UK, rather than trying to find it over here in IE. I was lucky enough to find mine over here, but it was previously imported from UK as well :D
Just a word of advice, when you're looking over in Ireland, especially on DoneDeal, Adverts and GumTree, remember that if the car looks to good to be true, then it most likely is. Had a few cases already, when the car looked mint on the pix, but in reality was pure scrap. Autotrader and Ebay are your best bet for used cars in the UK, and if you hunt long enough, you will grab yourself a good bargain :)

Thanks for the reply Phil, I'm 99% importing now and have only one small problem. On the VRT site they list two variants of what I'm looking at, a 170PS and 168BHP, the problem with this is that as far as I know the logbook says 170 but not a denomination, VRT on 170PS is €2900 and VRT on 168BHP is €1800, big difference. Common sense should prevail here, but this is the Irish Revenue we're talking about and I don't want to take any chances. Can you offer any advice from when you imported? Car in question is 2007 Audi A4 2.0TDI 170/168 Special Edition.

Flights booked to Manchester for Tuesday to pick up 2007 Audi A4 2.0TDI S Line Special Edition 170 all black with black grille, RNS-E and Two tone S-Line leather as standard. 130k on the clock with belts etc done at 80k and all receipts. Just under £6k plus VRT and expenses to be added. Can't wait!
960207_10152031174825540_714976440_n.jpg

Flights booked to Manchester for Tuesday to pick up 2007 Audi A4 2.0TDI S Line Special Edition 170 all black with black grille, RNS-E and Two tone S-Line leather as standard. 130k on the clock with belts etc done at 80k and all receipts. Just under £6k plus VRT and expenses to be added. Can't wait!
960207_10152031174825540_714976440_n.jpg

Looks good mate :D Seems like you picked yourself a great pick there. The only thing I would say to you is when you're going over to the Revenue here, just argue your way as much as possible and prove them wrong. The best way to get things done in Ireland is to argue all the time :D whenever you go over there, good idea to run the car on one of those websites such as cartell or motorcheck just to make sure that there's no marks on it (unless you have done that already :p ) and also if you know someone, get them to check out the VIN number, could pop up a few surprises.
But anyways, without scaring you off too much, hope it's gonna turn out well for you and that she treats ya well :p