Thinking of Buying the Jet washer....Thoughts?

For home use, Karcher K2.x or K3.x series models are ideal, and perform very well. To get the next level up in quality and performance you really have to spend 3-4 times as much, and for home use, you have to question the value of doing this. I've had two Karcher K-Series units in the last 6 years. The first lasted four years of regular use before dying, and the second is still going strong. :icon_thumright:

Thanks for that Rich...
By the way the kit from polished bliss arrrived on thursday.
I have started using them already and loving it.
The P21S worked brilliantly on the Bike just like you said

Drmatrix

For home use, Karcher K2.x or K3.x series models are ideal, and perform very well. To get the next level up in quality and performance you really have to spend 3-4 times as much, and for home use, you have to question the value of doing this. I've had two Karcher K-Series units in the last 6 years. The first lasted four years of regular use before dying, and the second is still going strong. :icon_thumright:

So your use Rich is based on daily work at PB so realistically we would get alot longer for home use yeah fella?

N

no it doesnt have a heater...... i just bought the exact same model from Focus for £187....they have 25% off at minute!!

Is it a good pressure washer or is it a bit pricey for what you get?

So your use Rich is based on daily work at PB so realistically we would get alot longer for home use yeah fella?

N

No, the K-Series units have all been for home use, and get used 2-3 times a week tops. At work, we have a hulking great HDS series hot washer, which is in another league in terms of performance and price (although I am working on Mr Bliss to let me get one for home!). :icon_thumright:

Is it a good pressure washer or is it a bit pricey for what you get?

honest answer? its getting a test run tomoz hehe..... i did quite a bit of reading and ordered the K791MD which is the top domestic model, going normally at £400-£450.... managed to find it on amazon for £269 with delivery at end of march.... ended up cancelling cos thought whats the point in getting a washer that im not really gonna get full money out of when a lower pressure unit would be more ideally suited... from the reviews i read on detailing world it is a good all rounder, plus its a series 5 so should be good.... depends ultimately how much money you want to waste:beerchug:

Rich jump in with any thoughts as you guys will have loads more experiance on these things than me..... i think the series 6+7 have brass impellers for example (only heard this on grapevine though)

I've always stuck with K2.X and K3.X series washers at home to keep costs down as much as possible, while at work we've jumped straight to the other end of the scale with a commercial hot washer. I've always seen the upper K-Series models as sitting between the two scenarios, and thus being of little use to either home users or pro detailers. Home users should opt for the best value for money, while pro detailers should go commercial. All IMHO of course!