1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thinking about buying this............

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by a4quat, Sep 2, 2008.

1. a4quat

a4quat Member

2. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

looks nice!
  3. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

whats the miles? Very nice car mind
  4. Booster

Booster Member

Have you driven one? My dad had a 2.5 X Type and it whilst he loved it, I found the thing pretty awful TBH. It might be a different kettle of fish with the diesel engine but even though it was a Sport, it cornered like a boat!
  5. simch

simch Active Member

diesel is shared with mondeo, as is floorplan and amny fixtures etc. No bad thing, the mondeo is a fine car.
    Just watch out for injector issues on the 2 litre diesels, considering how many are out there, they dont fail too often, but if they do, its £1200!
    diesle is not as economical as you may think, 15% LESS frugal than an equivalent a4 or passat at a guess. I have a mondy estate diesel 130, if I am careful but keep the spped to national limits, I can get about 40mpg. If I drive normally probly crusing just over the limits and accelerating hard, I get 35. If I hack about like it's stolen it will go to the high 20's.
    I'd say when I am getting say 42, taking it real steady, you could expect high 40's from a pd130 and a b it less from 2.0tdi

BUt that is my only slight gripe, the rest of the car is truly excellent, dynamically will mince up any diesel A4 or passat I've tried, they handle and steer really well (Jag included). And to get the spec I got in same year audi would have been at least £3500more, so this offsets the fuel a bit.

Go for it if it's nice. With bluefin you can get 160hp out fo them and they are very torquey and pull strong from 1000 revs.
  6. Nickynibbles

Nickynibbles Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Does that come with the required tweed flat cap or do you have to buy that seperately??!!
  7. a4quat

a4quat Member

8. a4quat

a4quat Member

my wifes and sisters thoughts also!
  9. a4quat

a4quat Member

its got heated seats, reversing sensors, cruise control, half leather/suede interior and from glancing through the side window has alot of steering controls/buttons!
  10. ALPINE

ALPINE Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

i could think of better cars to spend 8.5k on imo. As already said its a mondeo with a load of fluffy bits! i think there for old men/clueless business men. This is only my opinion tho so its nothing personal.

:)
  11. a4quat

a4quat Member

examples please :racer:
  12. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

WOuld probably do better just buying a well spec'd Mondeo seeing as that is essentially what the X Type is. Audi and BMW have loads to offer at that sort of money. I can't think of many good reasons to get an X-type other than the badge
  13. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

hmm that link sent me to this

Make Hyundai Model Amica GSi Plate/Year 57 2007
    Body 5 Door Hatchback Colour Grey Engine 1086
    Description
    Metallic, Full Elec Pack, CD Player, 1 Owner, Only 1,000 Miles

and I was about to thank you for the naming the little sh!t car that pulled out in front of me this morning and proceeded at 20mph in a 40 zone.