B8 Thinking About A New RS4 Avant

Oh no, different league.

I would agree with you Geoff, it is a different league of vehicle to the S3 and the RS4's V8, S-Tronic G/box and otherwise excellent suspension really make this a great car to drive, I can't believe that Audi would release a vehicle which such a defect and call it a feature of the car!

Just noticed that you have your derestricted (based on sig file), was this the factory option or after market and what top end have you had out of it and does it still feel stable at those higher speeds?

I would agree with you Geoff, it is a different league of vehicle to the S3 and the RS4's V8, S-Tronic G/box and otherwise excellent suspension really make this a great car to drive, I can't believe that Audi would release a vehicle which such a defect and call it a feature of the car!

Just noticed that you have your derestricted (based on sig file), was this the factory option or after market and what top end have you had out of it and does it still feel stable at those higher speeds?

Its a factory de-restrict and Audi state it as a 174+ mph de-restrict, I've had the car a week and still getting used to it, i'm not going to incriminate myself on here but lets say I can confirm the limiter has been removed and was super stable and was still pulling. My B6 S4 has the the same mod (non-factory) and although that still pulls at the same speeds, it's no where near as hard.

I will get to try it propoerly one day along witht he LC feature.

Its a factory de-restrict and Audi state it as a 174+ mph de-restrict, I've had the car a week and still getting used to it, i'm not going to incriminate myself on here but lets say I can confirm the limiter has been removed and was super stable and was still pulling. My B6 S4 has the the same mod (non-factory) and although that still pulls at the same speeds, it's no where near as hard....

Nice one :icon thumright:

Why oh why did I open this thread. To make matters worse, I am sitting offshore with a couple of days downtime, and have spent the last couple looking at deals on Audi's website.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Bristle Hound
Went into my local Audi stealers this morning for a paper brochure & as it happens they had a new sepang blue RS4 in the showroom & a misano red on demo.

After seeing both colours, I'm still on the suzuka grey. Pleased I dragged SWMBO into the showroom too as she hates the carbon inlays. So piano black it is.

The misano red one had the 20' V spokes on which I think will really suit the body colour I've chosen

£4k Audi contribution if you use their PCP finance too ;)

Just done an insurance quote for a new RS4 & it came out at £280.94 for the year, full comp. with protected NCD for the wife & I to drive, garaged and only £150 excess. Oh and the insurere? Saga! lol All the other insurers were wanting a compulsory excess of between £600 & £800!
That's peanuts I'm paying more than give times that for a tdi

Why oh why did I open this thread. To make matters worse, I am sitting offshore with a couple of days downtime, and have spent the last couple looking at deals on Audi's website.
@jerrygttdi - lol

Sorry about that ;) :laugh:

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and jerrygttdi
I have to say, had mine now for 4 weeks and its superb, keeping it for 2 years and then will have the B9 version or the wife can get a ne wcar and I'll keep this, we'll see.

Booked a Snertterton track day to see whats she really like in Dynamic mode on good tarmac and sorting Germany trip over the weekiend for a summer day later in the year so will be testing the 174+ speed limiter removal.

Goodwood FOS tickets booked too and the car's being fully detailed and paint corrected the day before so she'll look good in the F1 Paddock car parck of whch I have also got tickets for this year.

Also, now looking at 20k miles a year, not a bad place to be and it should eat those mile up.

pity they only come as station wagons now.
Wouldn't want a saloon anyway the b8 is not a big car at all so you'll be glad of the boot space, trust me

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
I had an old B6 S4 and a collegue of mine had a brand new 2014 A6 BiTDI and the performance was identically in all the standing start and rolling start tests we ran, my speed limiter was removed so the S4 did eventually creep away.

My new RS4 is a totally different league, its awsome!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a warranty item done at the 1st service, front left shock which stopped the ADS knocking and now its perfect, no suspenion noises at all.

I have done 10k miles and still I can;t belie e I have it.

I also think the RS4 looks a dam sight better then any A6 apart from arguably the RS6 which will probably replace my RS4....eventually.

[photo=medium]5438[/photo][photo=medium]5439[/photo][photo=medium]5440[/photo][photo=medium]5441[/photo]

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound
Please let me know if its possible to convert a 2009 audi a4 B8 to look exactly like this? If so, where and how would I do it? I live in Toronto, Canada.

I'll just leave this in here ...

targa-rs4-sedan-2.jpg

2014-targa-trophy-san-diego-nick-roshon-552.jpg

*walks out the door*