thinkin of buyin a4

• Thread starter imported_deicide
  • Start date
I

imported_deicide

greetings i am new to this forum. right which do you think would be better for me i am big into engine mods, but i prefer torque and throttle response to high horsepower. i cant decide between a 1.8T or 2.6. i work for an audi dealership and have driven both, but have not driven any with modifications. how different do they feel with them? thanks for your help

If you are 'big into engine mods' then the 1.8T is for you! The general consensus is that the V6 engine has very little modification potential, aside from the exhaust/induction kit route, unless you want to spend serious money on a supercharger.

Are you trying to decide between A4 models with 1.8T and 2.8(normally aspirated) V6? The subject line said S4. Just wondering. There seem to be an nearly unlimited list of upgrades for either turbo motor. I'm new to the 2001 S4, but am very pleased with it's stock power and torque. My only complaint is the slight amount of turbo lag. It's easy to get used to it and prepare for it when you're driving,though. Once the intercoolers and charge pipes fill up, it's definitely not a problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif