Think I've made a mistake. What now?

galewis

Reaction score
Recently ordered a white SB 170 with the 20-spoke two piece alloys. I know it's too late to change the order because I tried to change it last week because I forgot to order the no-cost no smoking pack, and was told it was too late as the build date and spec had been confirmed. Not to worry I thought, it's a pretty trivial thing at the end of the day.

I'm more concerned about the alloys. I didn't know anything about the 18" Caleras until I saw Vagman's pictures in the gallery. I was never 100% happy with the 20-spokes but considered them the best of what was on offer over the standard 5-spoke and no cost option 14-spoke alternatives. No-one told me they were an option at the dealership and they are not on the configurator. How does anyone spec them? Do you have to buy the car first, sell the alloys privately, and then get your local dealership to fit the Calera's?

I would really like the Calera's but if I have to take a massive hit on selling a brand new set of 20-spokes in order to get them, I'll be miffed. But what can I do?:blownose:

Thanks.... but what would be the correct way of doing it? Do you order the car without wheels and ask you dealer fit them before delivery. I know it sounds stupid, but how else can it be done. Or do Audi really expect you to have to sell your existing wheels first? :wacko:

I would suggest that they'd expect you to have the car delivered, you buy the rims you want, have them fitted and then sell the 20-spokes yourself.

I'm still not sure about colour, have ordered blue but may go white, dealer said shouldn't be a problem. Maybe i need to check :|

Just checked, mine is not confirmed yet. White or Blue.....hmmm decisions

The Calera's are expensive but then again so are 20-spoke two piece alloys if your buying them as not part of the car package. I think you will struggle to get the money you will need for the 20s as they are a certain taste.

Speak to the dealer and see what they can do

galewis said:
Recently ordered a white SB 170 with the 20-spoke two piece alloys. I know it's too late to change the order because I tried to change it last week because I forgot to order the no-cost no smoking pack, and was told it was too late as the build date and spec had been confirmed. Not to worry I thought, it's a pretty trivial thing at the end of the day.

I'm more concerned about the alloys. I didn't know anything about the 18" Caleras until I saw Vagman's pictures in the gallery. I was never 100% happy with the 20-spokes but considered them the best of what was on offer over the standard 5-spoke and no cost option 14-spoke alternatives. No-one told me they were an option at the dealership and they are not on the configurator. How does anyone spec them? Do you have to buy the car first, sell the alloys privately, and then get your local dealership to fit the Calera's?

I would really like the Calera's but if I have to take a massive hit on selling a brand new set of 20-spokes in order to get them, I'll be miffed. But what can I do?:blownose:

I specced my car with the 5 spoke RS6 wheels.

The Calera's are a dealer fit option and cost a grand for a set of 4.

Your dealer can supply the wheels, swap the tyres over and fit them to your car. You can either hold onto the 20-spokes and put them on your car if you fancy a change sometime in the future or sell 'em.

Mine are still sitting at the dealers as I'm not sure what I want to do with them yet.

A grand????!!! Triffic.....

Thanks for the responses anyway guys.

So...... anyone fancy a set of brand new 20 spokes??? Anyone care to estimate their worth?