1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Think I blew a speaker.

ScottD3 Apr 7, 2012

1. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya TDi saloon Audi S8

No idea how, I don't even have a amp and don't play the stereo loud but for the last couple of weeks I've had a rattle from the drivers door.
    I did the normal hunting for loose parts, cables and other bits that can cause the rattle but no luck.

I can't even stop the rattle by putting pressure on the door card.
    Had the door open yesterday with the tunes on and noticed its the speaker it self.
    I think I've popped it.

Any one got another one from a braker?

I did think about upgrading but I can't be assed with the hassle of converters and ill fitting speakers. Plug, play and walk away.

How much better are the bose speakers over the standard speakers, do they just bolt in with out needing the amp?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  2. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Bose Speaskers are 2 ohm impedance, the stock ones should be 4. so youd probably kill it if you just tried to run as is.

3. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya TDi saloon Audi S8

I'll stick with standard then.

Cheers.

4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

I'll sort one out for you when i sort you the load cover.

5. ScottD3

Tidy, cheers mate.
    Dont forgot the plugs, lol.