1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things that go bump.... all the time !!!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Geronim0, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Geronim0

Geronim0 Member

[Jun 19, 2005]
    HI All, Phew what a scorcher its been today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif, used the climate control and what a god send it was!

Any way, finally got the car back after all the poo she has been through and I have noticed that going over those speed bump things I get a real loud bump from the rear of the car - its like the springs arent doing anything and the body is dropping quite quickly. Its a 1.8 T Sport so I dont know if the sports suspension causes this sort of thing with it being stiffer. Any suggestions ?

Cheers Simon

2. Pontio

Pontio Member

[Jun 19, 2005]
    my one has been lowered recently and i get a little bump but i took the parcel shelf out because i thought it was that and the noise went away. i know its nothing serious now so put it back in and put the volume up again lol
  3. imported_ZeroK66

imported_ZeroK66 Guest

4. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 20, 2005]
    Yep, exhaust is the most likely cause! I solved mine by replacing the exhaust mounts with new OE ones as the old ones had gone soft

Rich
  5. mebrown001

mebrown001 Member

[Jun 20, 2005]
    wen i had mine cheecked out a couple of days back after gettin some new tyres the mechanic kindly told me to expect a knock underneath the car over speed bumps because the mount that holds in the centre box was nackered. he sed there's no point in replacing them because they will just break again after a few weeks....