Thieving b@stards

Con S3

C7 Audi RS6 PE
Reaction score
I had heard about this before from one of mates who has an RS4, and when he told me to watch where i parked my S3 as the wing mirrors and badges attract attention from thieving b@stards, i just laughed it off!!

I always watch were i park my car anyway and would never leave it anywhere dodgy or where i believed to be dodgy. So when i parked it up round Upper class East Belfast on Sunday i presumed it would be safe enough only to return to find the car stripped of it's badges and both wing mirrors gone!!!

Im so ****** off!!!

Anyone else have any experiences like this??

Surely it stands to reason it's fellow Audi owners, albeit younger ones, that are nicking them?
Can't see much point fitting S3 badges to a Corsa.

Sorry to hear that mate. I hope the b@stards didn't do any damage to the paintwork ripping the badges off?

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to matter where you park these days. Scum everywhere! Won't be long before people start up some vigilante justice to sort this kind of thing out, as the police are useless with these kind of crimes as the court system for these kind of offences is laughable!

Hope you reported it anyway, and hope you get it all sorted soon!

Aye reported it and asked around the houses in the area if they had seen anything but no joy!! Your right, the police are good for f@ck all - they cant do anything about it but reported it all the same.

Pain in my ****!!

How much are they about £350 a pair? and badges on top of that , it's a tidy sum!

Some owners have had the whole wing mirror ripped off!

Cnuts :gun2:

p

Quick £100 for the mirror cases alone on Ebay...

Surely it stands to reason it's fellow Audi owners, albeit younger ones, that are nicking them?
Can't see much point fitting S3 badges to a Corsa.

Not really. Theres a guy at work whos known for being a dodgy b*stard (knicked the roof off a convertible BMW once) asked me if I wanted to buy a pair of S3 wing mirrors the week after I first bought my car (Needless to say I told him where to go...)!! These thieving scrotes steal them and them flog them off to people with A3's.

Sorry to hear about it tho mate. Just shows that you can't leave your car anywhere.

These thieving scrotes steal them and them flog them off to people with A3's.

Same difference.
Just pointing out that these thieving scrotes already are fellow Audi owners, or are supplying them.

It's a very ****** situation really when you work for something and aren't allowed to fully enjoy owning it for reasons like this. And it's more likely to happen in a well to do area....because these scrotes go there with the intention of looking for cars like this.

I know i'm like a stuck record but these are the reasons i decided against an S3/R32 and went for an S-Line. Unfortunately they do attract the wrong kind of attention. Like a flashing beacon....Here i am scrotes, easy money.
My mate had the WHOLE leather interior stolen from his R32 and all 4 wheels. Came out of his girlfriends house in the morning to find it up on bricks with no interior....Gobsmacking really.

Same difference.
Just pointing out that these thieving scrotes already are fellow Audi owners, or are supplying them.

Suppose. ****** either way. One of my mates just had her corsa broken into. They bent the top of the door back so that they can fit their arms in (quite smart because if they had smashed the window, the alarm would have gone off) and keyed a few panels too. Now this wasn't even my car and it ****** me off something chronic! What was the point of keying the panels?! And the best part is... they didn't even take anything! Everything was in there including the radio! No morals at all these people.

My wife parks up right behind me on the drive ( my cars hard to see from the road ), on Saturday daytime she went to the shops , when she came back there was a black A3 parked up just past our drive , the owner was talking to a lad walking his dog ( looked like they knew each other ) while looking at my car.......as soon as my missus turned in ( she smiled at them ) they fcuked off!

I hope they were just drooling over my car.

TOUCH WOOD there not scum , because now they know where a black S3 is parked everynight.

p

As bowfer said its either A3 owners or more likely hoping to sell to,so if no one buys them there is no point in stealing them.
We all like a bargain on ebay

Having a garage is such peice of mind. If you dont have one, and have a bit of space on your drive and your in your bank account, BUILD ONE!

Just having the car out of site at night, and during the day when I am at home means I dont have to worry about this sort of thing. It goes in there without fail every time I am home.

No keyed panels
No stolen mirrors
No break ins

I learnt the hard ware with my old Peugeot 206 which I left out for a few nights. ....Windows smashed, sat nav nicked.

Bowfer you really are a prize ****. Audi owners stealing mirrors, hahahahaha. Its not even fair to say that Audi owners may aswell be as they are buying them. Im pretty sure joe blogs who wants to pimp his A3 with some S3 mirrors doesnt know they got ripped off a car when he sees them on ebay (even if theres bits of window hanging off it LoL). That last bit was a joke BTW ;)

Either way, Theiving scum steall anything of value, its no different here. And the badges, theyre just trophies for the little C*nts

The car goes into the garage every single night without fail (i live in an aprtment so it's actually a communal basement car park below - nonetheless totally secure). I dont think i could sleep at night if i left it out on the street for the thieving little c@nts of South Belfast to abuse!!!

:( My car is out on the street every night, theres a bit of chav action around my way, but thankfully/hopefully they dont seem too interested in robbing/vandalising cars..

I do have a drive but my neighbour makes it nearly impossible to park in it by putting these huge lumps of concrete right on the corner of each end of his drive. I may have to arrange for them to be removed one day, they did a lot of damage to my old Mondeo :(

:( My car is out on the street every night, theres a bit of chav action around my way, but thankfully/hopefully they dont seem too interesting in robbing/vandalising cars..

I do have a drive but my neighbor makes it nearly impossible to park in it by putting these huge lumps of concrete right on the corner of each end of his drive. I may have to arrange for them to be removed one day, they did a lot of damage to my old Mondeo :(

You'll have to tell him to " shift them " nicely of course. :angrymod:LOL

p

Theyre an old couple, and a bit territorial, i'll take a piccy, its quite humerous :p

Look on eBay, within the next week or so, and if there are alu mirrors from an 8P S3, they might just be yours.

Win the bid, say you're going to collect them, turn up and beat the bellend to within an inch of his life and take back what's yours. Let him recover and then beat him again, just so he knows not to do it again. If you do take this route, make sure they were actually your mirrors on eBay in the first place, otherwise you may end up with a slightly red face (and several years in the shank)

Look on eBay, within the next week or so, and if there are alu mirrors from an 8P S3, they might just be yours.

Win the bid, say you're going to collect them, turn up and beat the bellend to within an inch of his life and take back what's yours. Let him recover and then beat him again, just so he knows not to do it again. If you do take this route, make sure they were actually your mirrors on eBay in the first place, otherwise you may end up with a slightly red face (and several years in the shank)

Not actually as bad a piece of advice as you may think actually.... If the guy doesn't have an A3 or an S3 they're probably knicked anyway so even if they're not yours....Still administer a beating.:slapped:

There was a thread on here a while ago , about marking them on the inside/under side , could just do a crazy long number, like a P/T No and if yours go missing ( assuming there not pinched to order ) and some turn up on ebay from your area email the seller asking what the P/T No is? then you'll know if there yours or not!

p

How can they rob a set of mirrors without damaging beyond repair?

How can they rob a set of mirrors without damaging beyond repair?

Doesn't matter about the rest of the mirror it's just the casing most people are interested in isn't it. Definitely worth checking any used mirrors for marks around the edge where they've been popped off with a screwdriver or something.

Doesn't matter about the rest of the mirror it's just the casing most people are interested in isn't it. Definitely worth checking any used mirrors for marks around the edge where they've been popped off with a screwdriver or something.

But its a solid unit, presumably on some kind of hinge with associated electrics aswell. You cant just pop it off with a screwdriver can you??:uhm:

But its a solid unit, presumably on some kind of hinge with associated electrics aswell. You cant just pop it off with a screwdriver can you??:uhm:

Ive not taken mine off, but there are screws on the underside of the cap and some more on the insde of it!

The cap can be taken off on it's own.

p

crime will always exists.... and we have to live with it!

Unfortunately in this country the judicial system is more worried in protecting criminals rights and the victim is always the one that gets it worse...

That is why pure vandalism... trashing someone elses property for envy or pure fun is so common here... it is not prosecuted and if you are under legal age the judge just tells you... well well little boy go home, just make sure you don't do it again... is that ok lad?

In Portugal we have crime but not pure vandalism for mainly two reasons:

One the owner and friends would kick the **** out of you if they found out who you where and after that if you get home and complained to mum and dad... you would be spanked again just because of the shame caused!!!! And you would hand the ****** caps and apologise!!!!

In my country crimes of this matter are rare and usually pursued by "proper criminals" not just some silly youngsters...

Pedro

Completely off thread, but where did you/do you live in Portugal, Pedro?
My friend, also called Pedro, is from a village called Loriga.
Going by my visits there, I'm not surprised crime is low.
They are too drunk to commit crime!
A lot of scary drink-driving though...

You calling me a drunk??? ahaha
I am from Porto and there soooo many more drunk people in the UK!!!!!!
Drink driving does happen specially on rural areas....

We just "adapt the law" locally to suit our needs that is why crime rate is lower...

Pedro

just been looking on e-bay

this guy has 3 sets for sale ?

why would you have 3 sets ? bit dodgy to me

wing mirror ties are the way forward

pretty common for X5 owners to use them seeing as the oil filled units are £1,500 plus VAT to replace

yes that's £1,500

What are wing mirror ties mate?

p

high tensile steel cable which fixes the wing mirror structure and casing to the door structure - generally made to a certain length so they will not allow sufficient access to the cable for them to be cut off 'if' the mirror is detached from the car

some people don't like them due to the fact that if the vandal gets annoyed at not being able to get the mirrors off the car, they'll damage the car out of spite

Nearly bought a used S3 from a guy who also had his mirrors stolen. The paint on one of the doors was also damaged during the theft.

Worrying that this is more commonplace than you would think.

I have a garage but its rammed with crap so the car spends its life on the drive abeit in a quiet cul-del-sac.

Lets hope the local scum perish in some terrible painful way before they get round to my car.

Cheers
Paul

just been looking on e-bay

this guy has 3 sets for sale ?

why would you have 3 sets ? bit dodgy to me

The guys name is jays_nova_turbo, which means it's a good chance he's a scrote. Also, if you look at what he's sold previously it's all indicators, grilles and mirrors. Reckon the little tosser makes a living from breaking bits off other people's cars.

Seems like this guy likes his R32 Mirrors, S3 Covers and mini cooper side repeaters!!!

all looks a bit sus!!!

The guys name is jays_nova_turbo, which means it's a good chance he's a scrote. Also, if you look at what he's sold previously it's all indicators, grilles and mirrors. Reckon the little tosser makes a living from breaking bits off other people's cars.

Ow, is it time to make up a fictious Audi owner, and bid bid bid, but not buy buy buy.:beee: