They see me rollin', they hatin...... the new S3 BE

That is one evil looking car Warren...... stolen from Darth Vader's very own drive!

Reminds me of a car I saw on eBay a few months back. Pure moodyness - love it

3591-evil-8p3-s3-black2.jpg

3592-evil-8p3-s3-black7.jpg

Nice, if only we cold have had the buckets it would have been extra special, but just doesn't work for me based on carting clients about :keule:

Absolutely stunning! :drool:

You're a brave man modding a brand spanker, especially one that nice. I'd be too frightened to touch anything.

Lovely looking motor.

Paint looks very similar effect to that of the Lave Grey - same colour flecks anyway

i think Sex Panther would be a better name for this car.

its made with bits of real panther..

Lovely ain't it?! I really liked the Lava Grey on my A3 and the colour that brought out in the sun, but this is better! Won't be long before you start calling her 'The Panther'. It's what I do lol. Congrats again. Looking forward to the mods you'll be doing!

Hi Warren......really hope you enjoy it,and you know what to start doing to it now!...just got mine back from AMD today,and have a thousand slow miles to put on it before the wick gets turned up again......you know you want to!

ohhh Warren, I saw this last night but was on my iphone! wanted to wait until i could see them on a PC! WOW! all i can say is, if we had a smilie for a man sex wee i would use it! Plenty!

stunning motor warren excellent choice,that paintwork looks fit,i love black cars, i had a black TT was a ***** to keep clean but was worth the extra effort to keep it clean

OMFG!

web.jpg

OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! ! !
:wub:

When I saw it under the dealers lighting my thoughts were exactly the same; problem is it doesn't look quite as good out in the real world :-(

Hi Warren......really hope you enjoy it,and you know what to start doing to it now!...just got mine back from AMD today,and have a thousand slow miles to put on it before the wick gets turned up again......you know you want to!

Mate, my wife wouldn't want me to have that much fun. I can do 'some' modding, but I have a wife with a 3 holiday a year habit to suffice! If only! Can't wait to see what yours in up to once its settled.

Those DRLs look like they have a nice blue-ish tint to it, or is that just the camera?

They look quite blueish, when the coming home lights go on, the fogs come on too and they are manly yellow so that needs fixing pronto.

ohhh Warren, I saw this last night but was on my iphone! wanted to wait until i could see them on a PC! WOW! all i can say is, if we had a smilie for a man sex wee i would use it! Plenty!

Thanks mate, nothing like a showroom fresh car for extra effect!

stunning motor warren excellent choice,that paintwork looks fit,i love black cars, i had a black TT was a ***** to keep clean but was worth the extra effort to keep it clean

A 30 second rain shower on the way to the work and it looked a year old in a matter of seconds. I need to earn enough money for a personal detailer!

Only you!! :lmfao:

A few photos in the real world (after rain grrrrr) to prove he dealer showroom photos were probably a bit flattering!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I've had a chance to rack up about 150 miles today, and it's hard to believe that coming from a car with 56,000 miles on the clock that a new car can feel so different. Everything is SO much tighter, more precise, and given the last car was over serviced, predominantly driven on motorways, and driven pretty steadily across it's life with us, its amazing to see how the day to day stresses can take their toll on ...... well everything really.

I'm already missing the lumbar feature which I stupidly overlooked and I bet not even Nige could put right. Other than that it was like wiping your **** with silk, super smooth. Once I've given it a proper clean I'll do a close up of the paint flecks.

H&R 10mm (20mm per axle) spacers turned up from Damian at DPM today, so typically good customer service from them turning them round in a day. Hopefully 12mm (24mm per axle) rears will turn up tomorrow and then we can get her spaced. Front suspension looks strangely lofty (compared to rear), I'm just hoping she settles a little as she beds in (as unlikely to get lowered this year).

Once again, thanks for all the generous / kind comments guys.

Reactions: Paullie
Looks stunning. Back in the spring of this year, I settled on a 6-month old S3 because deals on new S3s were harder to come by at that time. (Disappointingly, deal prices have since come down to closer to the -14% off list I paid!). There's a part of me that regrets not pushing that little bit further and making an order for a new one with special paint and a few other bits and bobs - but there's always next time! ;)

Even my 8P2 2.0T quattro with 22k on the clock felt baggy compared to my new 8P3 S3 - they've definitely done some things to add substance to the car later in its life, e.g. bigger door mirrors, better switches, nicer dials etc. I wouldn't be surprised if a few under-the-skin changes like bushings and other minor steering / suspension components were also uprated in the 8P3 facelift.

Last edited:
Looks f'ing mint! Nice1 :D
I am just losing that new car smell in mine now since 1st September. But i've done 1500 miles now! ****** loads! Hahaha. As I have said before, this is my first Audi and I am still smiling now typing this. Absolutely awesome build quality, feel, looks, gadgets, everything is mint. The one and only gripe I have at the moment is my stupid shaped head keeps tapping the head rest at the back and it is ****** annoying! I wish I could tilt the headrest out of the way a bit more to get it away from my silly shaped heeeed! lol.
Its the most I have ever spent on any car, but I love it more than the Subaru when I bought that new in 2003. Mind you, I said then I would never spend that much on any new car again.............Errrr, oops!
Enjoy it and that Black paint job looks as good as my White one! Ha.

Even my 8P2 2.0T quattro with 22k on the clock felt baggy compared to my new 8P3 S3 - they've definitely done some things to add substance to the car later in its life, e.g. bigger door mirrors, better switches, nicer dials etc. I wouldn't be surprised if a few under-the-skin changes like bushings and other minor steering / suspension components were also uprated in the 8P3 facelift.

There are quite a few differences and I'm going to do a detailed comparison at some point in the future as I'm surprised how much has changed from 8P2 to 8P3.

Trade in's are poor at the moment, but I got our new one almost same price as an ex Audi UK car that was on the forecourt with 4k on the clock and very few interesting extras.

I think the red is a good colour as it's rare, don't often see red S3's.

Just to add that I don't think that S3s will be this cheap again (relatively speaking). The Golf R, even based on the same chassis as the 8P3 S3, is already around 20% more expensive when the spec is compared - e.g. sat nav, bluetooth, leather etc.

I can't help but think that the next generation of S3 will take the base price to around £35k, with fewer toys than a run-out S3 with standard Technology Pack gives you. In seriousness, I think I'll need closer to £40k in today's money to secure a similar spec S3 (assuming they're available) in 3 years' time.

Buy now or regret it for a long time! :)

Wheres your piano Black inserts? Also, My door handle area looks completely different to yours in my BE ???? Hmmm. lol
I was asking this before.

That'll do ye Warren. Looks very tidy. New BE wheels are very nice indeed.

Similarly, I've been lucky to have had the pleasure of an 8P2 A3 and an 8P3 S3 and I agree with the comments that it does feel more together, both in the drive and the interior.

Enjoy it mate, she's a beauty!

Ahhhh this thread is making me insanely jealous now!! Really need mine to hurry up from Germany!!

So apart from the mods you've mentioned, have you got any other "big plans"?

A few photos in the real world (after rain grrrrr) to prove he dealer showroom photos were probably a bit flattering!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Don't talk tosh, Warren. It looks every bit as stunning in the daylight!!! :wub: xx

Simply stunning, I was having a small doubt about my order for a black edition but yours has just made me happy about my decision.

Enjoy!

Piano black inserts would push my OCD over the edge!! Had silver retrofitted by dealer before delivery.

No other major plans really as for me S2+ hits the spot without the need for major works.

If S3 gets to Golf R prices I may be looking elsewhere in the future, at the price point it works for me, and I think it's why I probably see at least 25 S3's on the road to each Golf R.

Does anyone know if you can get LED fog light bulbs that don't throw errors?

Piano black inserts would push my OCD over the edge!! Had silver retrofitted by dealer before delivery.

No other major plans really as for me S2+ hits the spot without the need for major works.

If S3 gets to Golf R prices I may be looking elsewhere in the future, at the price point it works for me, and I think it's why I probably see at least 25 S3's on the road to each Golf R.

I don't think you can buy any H11 LED bulbs - not used in conjunction with load resistors -that won't make the Canbus throw a hissy fit. I bought a set of projector lensed H11 LED's (which are reputed to have as good light output as standard fogs, unlike other LED's, which are just for aesthetics). To go with them I bought a set of 50W 6OHM load resistors complete with H11 connectors, so the whole thing is plug and play, no splicing the wires or anything.

H11 LED Bulbs
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Plug and Play resistors

I haven't fitted them yet, Warren, but I know SilkyS3 has.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/130457-led-fog-lights-done.html

I also thought about fitting these Philips Diamond Vision bulbs, which I used in my old car and they emit a lovely pure white 5000K light. They will match the Xenons perfectly, don't require resistors and will probably be more effective as fogs than any of the LED's. :wub: x

NEW! PHILIPS diamond vision 5000k super white headlight bulbs H11 JDM SPEC | eBay

Apologies for all the links Warren, lol. :laugh: x

Japper69 put me onto white bulbs from ECS in the states if I recall correctly. I've still got the box, so let me look it out tomorrow and I'll let you know. Matches the DRL's almost exactly. Love the DRL and fog lights on when you leave/open the car in the dark. Is that coming home lights or auto lights, can't remember, but it's trick. So many folk come up to you and say "you've left your lights on mate". Aye, thanks a lot!

Straight swap of bulbs, no errors.

Japper69 put me onto white bulbs from ECS in the states if I recall correctly. I've still got the box, so let me look it out tomorrow and I'll let you know. Matches the DRL's almost exactly. Love the DRL and fog lights on when you leave/open the car in the dark. Is that coming home lights or auto lights, can't remember, but it's trick. So many folk come up to you and say "you've left your lights on mate". Aye, thanks a lot!

Straight swap of bulbs, no errors.

Thanks Rico, much appreciated. Even the misses says the fogs look **** so I will get a pass to sort those!

I don't think you can buy any H11 LED bulbs - not used in conjunction with load resistors -that won't make the Canbus throw a hissy fit. I bought a set of projector lensed H11 LED's (which are reputed to have as good light output as standard fogs, unlike other LED's, which are just for aesthetics). To go with them I bought a set of 50W 6OHM load resistors complete with H11 connectors, so the whole thing is plug and play, no splicing the wires or anything.

H11 LED Bulbs

Plug and Play resistors

I haven't fitted them yet, Warren, but I know SilkyS3 has.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/130457-led-fog-lights-done.html

I also thought about fitting these Philips Diamond Vision bulbs, which I used in my old car and they emit a lovely pure white 5000K light. They will match the Xenons perfectly, don't require resistors and will probably be more effective as fogs than any of the LED's. :wub: x

NEW! PHILIPS diamond vision 5000k super white headlight bulbs H11 JDM SPEC | eBay

Apologies for all the links Warren, lol. :laugh: x

Always appreciate options to be honest. Ran PIAA bulbs in previous car and they didn't last as long as the price should suggest so good to see what else is on offer. Thanks for going to so much effort.