1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thermostat and coolant temp sensor (G62) location on 2.0 petrol

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Az, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Az

Az Hard slammed!

Can anyone point me in the direction of both parts mentioned in the heading for a 2.0 NA B6 engine please? (can't remember engine code)

Thanks in advance,
    Az
  2. Mike_B

Mike_B Member

Not sure if this helps much, but my Haynes says "On petrol engines, the thermostat is fitted to a distribution housing on the left hand side of the cylinder block, behind the coolant pump position" . Depending on the engine code, there seems to be varying degree of dismantling to get to it.

The coolant temp sensor info is "On all models, an engine coolant temp sensor is located at the rear of the cylinder head, whilst on some engines, a second sensor is fitted to the radiator outlet pipe".

Mike.
  3. Az

Az Hard slammed!

That's great, thanks very much for the info mate, I'll have a look out for those positions then. :)
  4. cookiesvw

cookiesvw Member

I know this doesn't help but on my 1.8t I changed the temp sensor and it was one of the most fiddle and frustrating jobs I've had to do. I lowered my gfs tt at weekend and that felt easier.
  5. madmike01uk

madmike01uk Member

I'm doing mine on Saturday, did you take the y boost pipe out? I think this would make it easier
  6. CEC

CEC Exhausted

Hi Guy's,

I have the same problem only mine is the 3.0 v6,Should I be looking in the same place ???