1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

theAA.com and Insurance

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kevint, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

[Sep 5, 2005]
    Well, it's insurance time again, and most unusually I'm staying with the same company as last year, they have given me the most competetive quote around - Direct Line.

Anyway, after seeing the AA's advert, you know, we beat every one, 70% no claims, full refund if you get a better quote etc...

Well, how does this full refund if you get a better quote work then? Strange enough, but there is no details of this amazing offer on their website.

DL want £409, AA want £690!

Kev.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Jan 26, 2015]

3. myzeneye

myzeneye Member

[Sep 5, 2005]
    have you tried tesco ??? they wernt bad for me.....
  4. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Sep 6, 2005]
    I'm looking also for my new golf, Confused kinda set the standard, but will have to try Adrian Flux, and Greenlight and Priviledge too. I want to get all my options insured too.

I hate insurance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
  5. RHODIE

RHODIE Member

[Sep 6, 2005]
    i've always managed to drop my premium by saying my lowest quote is £100 less than it is. they normally try to come close, just get the quote sent to you so you can always accept later.
  6. duxster

duxster New Member

[Sep 6, 2005]
    Both of ours are with Esure and no one can touch them. Ours is due later this month and have rung loads of companies. Tesco was the nearest but still £90 more.

I have 74% no claims with esure and have been with them for 3 years now and each year no one can touch them. Even Privilage will not match them even though the advert says they will, something about only matching other quotes and not renewals.

Dux
  7. hop2407

hop2407 Active Member

[Sep 6, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Well, it's insurance time again, and most unusually I'm staying with the same company as last year, they have given me the most competetive quote around - Direct Line.

Anyway, after seeing the AA's advert, you know, we beat every one, 70% no claims, full refund if you get a better quote etc...

Well, how does this full refund if you get a better quote work then? Strange enough, but there is no details of this amazing offer on their website.

DL want £409, AA want £690!

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kev

I too am with DL..... and like u, stayed with them this year from last year as no-one could beat or match their price..
  8. imported_Strider81

imported_Strider81 Guest

[Sep 6, 2005]
    add a lady driver. brings the premium down
  9. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

[Sep 6, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    add a lady driver. brings the premium down

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Shall I tell the ex it's back on then? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'll have to wait before I can do that - thanks for the advice though.

Kev.

ps. I'm actually pleased with the £409 from DL.
  10. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Sep 6, 2005]
    What about a sister or your mum or even an aunt would probably help lower the premium mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  11. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Sep 6, 2005]
    Just say your going out with her, they both don't need to know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
  12. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Sep 6, 2005]
    I aint personaly with direct line but mate was with them a few times and unfortuantly he had to make two claims , no problems payed out , very helpfull , so if it was only a few quid i would deff use them!