The war has started...

amoffat

Reaction score
Website
www.uk.experian.com
Last night saw the beginning of surgical strikes against strategic political targets on the outskirts of Baghdad. These strikes were based on intelligence of the whereabouts of some Saddam's top 12.

Skirmishes have also been reported between coalition and Iraqi's close to the Kuwaiti border.

Air strikes have continued against heavy artillery positions in southern Iraq to ensure that a pre-emptive chemical or biological attack cannot be made.

Finally there have been reports of fighting between special forces (UK) and the Republican Guard in Basra.

As you can see I have been watching this carefully!

I for one am fully behind our boys (and the rest of the coalition forces) and hope that the war is swift and the Iraqi people are liberated with minimum loss.

Good luck!

[ QUOTE ]
gtdog said:
they should have dispatched him last time round! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree with that one... he really needs to be cancelled!!! and all his look-a-likes.. just to be sure!

[ QUOTE ]
Drystone said:
Pulling Saddams pants down and slapping him on the ***?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure the Marquis de Sade would be able to devise something a little more imaginative than that...

Anyway, I guess what really irks the British is the way the French have demonstrated total ingratitude for the help we have given them. The trenches of flanders weren't dug to keep the Bosch out of Blightie. The insufferable De Gaulle was accommodated in London by Churchill during WW11, then returned as conquering hero in '45, only to stab us in the back re joining the European Union, etc, etc. The truth is they resent us because they owe us.

I like the French. I like their road sense, their fluffy poodles and little men's handbags. I also like their sausages filled with sheep intestines. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

To be fair I have never liked the French. Great country, great roads... etc but they do love themselves, and think that they are the greatest nation on the planet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif when it is pretty obvious that we are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

What annoyed me the most was their blatant attempt to screw up any further resolution, no matter what the content. Although I did not believe that it was necessary anyway as 1441 contained all that was required.

And all this talk of "Old Europe" makes me laugh. What kind of old Europe are they talking about? Vichy France, Nazi Germany, Robespierre's Terror, Napoleon the failed midget, mad Louis Capet, etc.

Since when have the Bosch and Frog ever dined together on a dish of grenouilles mit sauerkraut?

It will all end in tears. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

P.S. The best thing we ever did was sink the French fleet before the Vichies handed it over to the Germans.

Now now boys - don't be too nasty about the French! Am sure they have their fair share of things to say about us Brits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You are right Audi Girl. The UK has its fair share of twerps, especially the clothcapped 40mph brigade that have seized control of the nation's highways.

Back to the main issue then. Whether we feel the action is justified or not, we should all lend our full support to the guys out there.

[ QUOTE ]
Drystone said:
There's a stretch of road on my way to work which has a 60mph limit. 95% of the time I am stuck behind someone doing 40 or less /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

...nothing a bonnet-mounted exorcet missile launcher couldn't sort out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif