1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Unemployed

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ads, Nov 10, 2010.

?

Should the unemployed be forced to work for free?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Undecided

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. superkarl

superkarl MAN OF STEEL

[Nov 11, 2010]
    there needs to be very carefully strategic means tests be put in place, so that the right people are given the right options. this would be hard to perfect but would be good in long term. there needs to be systems that determine whether a person is or isnt 'scrounging' based on: education. employment history: benefit history: and the timescales these are all over. its a tough one and no matter what there will be conflict of opinion. i agree with everyone so far to some extent. the government should combine the views and ideas as i have done with the above, to realise the RIGHT and BEST thing to do for each person and the category they fall into. for once the government should listen to the views of the PEOPLE of this country, the good people, who's views are not biased nor narrow minded.

when it comes to politics and any government i AM narrow minded, i despise it/them.
    maybe through education i wouldnt.
  2. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

[Nov 11, 2010]
    here is another point, if the people who really control the government's actions want folk to have jobs then they would not have screwed the British people in 1921 out of our wealth in the first place and the jobs would still be there for the industrial masses rather than the unemployed folk out there,

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/about/history/archive/archguide.pdf

The Money Masters will explain the rest to you all

[video=google;-515319560256183936]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936#[/video]
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  3. Foxmeister

Foxmeister Fired Up!

[Nov 11, 2010]
    Going by your attitude of "do any job" and intentionally a lesser skilled, payed position, i assume you dont have a mortgage???

As having first hand experience in the recession and losing an electrical engineers job i then had the struggle to find work in the construction industry, of which i have a almost new car, family with young daughter and mortgage of 100k so my wage dictated how my lifestyle is. How can you be serious to even think skilled trades people etc can now just give up their whole career and lifestyle to (no disrespect intended) drive a van, clean offices, stack shelves on minimum wage??????????????????

I agree that people who have no outgoings and recently achieved degrees etc but never worked in the specific roles intended, should accept almost any job as they have no experience whatsoever, different kettle of fish thou.

I am now back in work and was asked also by the DWP before i restarted work to accept other jobs to which i said no!!!!! I would be more than happy to if they were to make up my lesser wage to pay mortgage etc, obviously that was a no and wasnt asked again funnily enough!
  4. beanoir

beanoir Sharpest Tongue in the West

[Nov 12, 2010]
    Well it's fairly well proven then that everybody has a different situation and so a blanket policy won't work for everyone.

Everybody clearly has there own personal experience of being out of work etc and has a different view as to what they do and don't deserve.

At the end of the day whether we think it's right or wrong, it's going to happen no changing that, and those on state benefit will find it harder to work the system and encouraged financially to get back to work.