1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The twaz machine!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Twaz, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Twaz

Twaz Member

So I've been posting random picture etc of my car all over so I thought I'd keep them all to one thread,
    today I done more prep work to the valve cover in waiting for awesome gti to hurry up with my coil order, I think this stuff works wonders! Loving how it looks

Attached Files:

Andy_w likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Twaz

Twaz Member

So had my car few weeks, and the turbo has always been quite loud like u can hear it whistle though most of the rev range over 2000
    Is this normal? Or should I not be able to hear it? As far as I know the car is standard, 2005 1.8t bfb b6

4. DieselJake

DieselJake God Mode

Clogged diverter valve maybe?

5. Twaz

Twaz Member

Would that do any damage?

6. DieselJake

DieselJake God Mode

I'm not too up on petrols but far as I know it shouldn't do plus it's a cheap simple replacement, probably best getting it on vag-com if you can should make it easier to find the issue. Shouldn't cause a problem though my friends 1.8t was really loud with no mods too, there's just things that should be replaced but aren't essential.

7. Twaz

Twaz Member

So today I got my Ecs conversion plate, coil packs and spark plugs in the post from awesome gti so here are a few pictures :)
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Welshquattro and mattyb6 like this.
  8. SmoothAssault

SmoothAssault Will design for mods

Do you expect to see any performance gains from this kit? Seems a nice easy job and the red plate looks cool, so I'm quite interested :)

9. Twaz

Twaz Member

Feels smoother pulling away when it's cold, and low revs seems more responsive but I done it purely because it looked nice and the car had been sitting for about a year before I bought it so they needed changing anyway. I don't know if you can tell from that picture but before the change there was 3 different types of coils in there :/

SmoothAssault likes this.
  10. SmoothAssault

SmoothAssault Will design for mods

Sounds good to me, and definitely looks cool. I'm sure mine could do with being replaced so I'll stick this kit on the to do list. Thanks for posting about it.