1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The time has come, sooner than i expected!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by vishal, Oct 10, 2006.

1. vishal

vishal Member

[Oct 10, 2006]
    My Wife told me 2 weeks ago, that shes expecting our second child, so while i could have kept the S3, with one kid, its time for a 4 door car, so thought id better get it sold sooner than later, please see below link for add, totally gutted i have to sell it, after such short ownership, and the money i spent getting everything right

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/104965.htm

Any feedback on price or anything else is welcome
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. tonedef

tonedef Member

[Oct 10, 2006]
    Not exactly an answer but why does everyone think they have to sell the three door car just because they have kids? Have you ever tried getting them in and out of child seats through the tiny rear doors of some motors?

When our first daughter was born we had an Astra GTE (OK, that's pretty bad but it was a long time ago!) which we swapped for a Corrado just in time for the second being born. We followed that with another Corrado and now the S3 with a couple of 3 door Golf GTIs thrown in along the way.

The kids are now 16 and almost 13, so it's certainly easier these days but we've been on family holidays and everything without resorting to a "bigger" car.
  4. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 10, 2006]
    And with the new laws that require all kids to require a seat booster up to a certain height or age, I forgot what these are, you will require an MPV of some sort, if you have 3 kids lol, cos our normal daily cars can't accomodate 3 booster seats side by side.
  5. vishal

vishal Member

[Oct 10, 2006]
    I hear your point mate, but i had my first kid with an S3, and getting a new born in and out the back of an S3 is a back breaking experience!!
  6. vishal

vishal Member

[Oct 10, 2006]
    I hear ya guys, i hope the time never comes when i have to own a MPV!!!!

So what you guys think of the price? Seem fair?

Also any other feedback ?
  7. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 10, 2006]
    Know exactly what you mean mate, I had my Passat planned well early for the arrival of jojo junior, when the day came, my Mum was carjacked the week before :wacko: , so I had to lend her the Passat, so had to use the S3 as my transport for 2 months until the insurance payed out. It's not impossible, but it's hard work... :whip:
  8. simonwjones

simonwjones Member

[Oct 10, 2006]
    You want to try with 3 kids and a dog!!!!

Could it be time to join the A6 forum???

seriously, I like big cars and when the time came to look at wapping my A6 2,.8q saloon, I did look at an A4 avant. What I did find though was that the A4's boot was actually much smaller than the boot on the A6 so I ended up with another A6 but this time an Avant.

Love it to bits apart from not having quattro on the 1.9tdi.

I clock up over 20k per years so economy does have to enter the equation I'm afraid.

Simon
  9. vishal

vishal Member

[Oct 10, 2006]
    appreciate what you guys are all saying about space ect,,,,,, but with reference to the price im asking , would you say its about right? I had a lot of things put right on the car when i bought it 5 months ago, front and rear ARB, new MAF, new N75, new pads and discs, Audi Service, New Brake Cable, New Rear Calipers etc,,,,,,

Just want some advice on it, as its going on fleabay, and autotrader this week
  10. Timbo

Timbo Slowest car ever round the Top Gear track?!?

[Oct 10, 2006]
    It's about right according to Parker's Guide, which I think is a fair starting point as buyers are likely to have looked at the price in Parker's.

Good luck!
  11. vishal

vishal Member

[Oct 10, 2006]
    thanks for that, any other comments or suggestions, looked around on the autotrader, couldnt find a car with similar mileage with that spec for the money, so fingers crossed!