1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The South African Deputy President has just been fired.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by audi5e, Jun 14, 2005.

1. audi5e

audi5e Member

[Jun 14, 2005]
    The South African Deputy President, Jacob Zuma, has just been fired after he was implicated in a recent court case for fraudulent activities in South Africa's arms procurement program.

Thabo Mbeki, our president, has just announced it in parliament in Cape Town.

Quite a brave move on the part of our president, though probably the only realistic one he could make. Maybe SA's international credibility will go up a notch after this?

This must be a first for an African country? :)) (actually firing someone for fraudulent activities)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Jun 14, 2005]
    fired ? Shot ? could you please clarify /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Jokes aside, sounds like a good start. Maybe make others think twice and maybe gain public confidence.
  4. bravepilot

bravepilot Member

[Jun 14, 2005]
    I'd like to see the same happen to Mugabe in Zimbabwe (the SHOT thing that is).

I suspect audi5e that you're not the only people with a corrupt government, some just seem to hide it better though... look at the US! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  5. audi5e

audi5e Member

[Jun 14, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Jokes aside, sounds like a good start. Maybe make others think twice and maybe gain public confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully this is the start, and the bulk of the corruption will cease for while!

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd like to see the same happen to Mugabe in Zimbabwe (the SHOT thing that is).
    I suspect audi5e that you're not the only people with a corrupt government, some just seem to hide it better though... look at the US!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mugabe is unfortunately unlikely to fire himself... :))

Can't really comment on the US system. At least, even if the current lot are dubious?, the people still hold the power??? :)