The significance of pin quantity with wing mirrors?

Audigit

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi chaps,

I've been browsing eBay for some upgrade mirrors and I've noticed that a lot of sellers quote how many pins they have, what does this mean?

Yes, I'm still new and learning lol

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Ideally its the wire colours & pin locations that denote the mirror features.

Door modules are also usually required, its an upgrade we've done for clients a fair few times.

Reactions: Audigit
Thanks Nigel, I appreciate the reply.

As I've only just bought the car I'm still feeling my way around the new brand. As my first significant retrofit I'm looking to fit the anti dazzle and auto folding mirrors. I understand that new door modules will most likely be needed too, fitting them is no issue but I'm struggling to find out which modules I need, which would also future proof me for any other retrofits I decide to do later on...

Also, do you still supply VCDS cables?

Thanks

Hey NHN, when swapping modules is it OK to just pull the fuses for that module or does the battery have to be disconnected?

Hey NHN, when swapping modules is it OK to just pull the fuses for that module or does the battery have to be disconnected?
Pulling the fused power supply for that module should protect it from any issues, providing there are no other permanent power supplies to the module from anywhere else and the ignition is left off to avoid any ignition feeds becoming active. It's always advisable to disconnected the battery when working with anything electrical, plus it's usually easier to disconnect the battery than locate and pull individual fuses!

I am always nervous about disconnecting the battery on cars!

I am always nervous about disconnecting the battery on cars!
That's understandable, the safer way is to remove the earth terminal. Minimises the risk of any issues or accidents :)

I now have a further question... Are there different styles or designs of OEM wing mirrors?