1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The S3 has landed.

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by SanityClause, May 14, 2004.

1. SanityClause

SanityClause Member

[May 14, 2004]
    After a week of hassle the car arrived today.
    Now begins 4 weeks of testing to make sure nothing else is going to break. If it does I can hand the car back as unsatisfactory.
    Although they took their time I think the stealers (Ingrams Ayr) did a good job.
    The car is immaculate for a 99, they replaced all disks and pads, new fuel feed lines, and best of all, the small chip in the windscreen that they couldn't fix..... they replaced the screen.

It drives really well, with acceleration enough to make this old guy grin. Handling is precise although the somewhat stiff steering at slow speeds will take getting used to.
    I know Audi use progressive power steering, had it in the A6, but I guess I was spoiled driving my Volvo.

First complaint is the CD changer which reads No CD after you hit a bump, sorbo rubber packing should cure that, seems to be commonplace in most cars I've driven.

Tomorrow will find me out in Argyll, some wonderful fast empty roads there, I'm sure the grin will last. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

[May 14, 2004]
    Where are you from, West Glasgow? I'm in Kilwinning so if you want to meet up some time for a chat let me know.

Ah Argyll, our Southern counterparts can only dream about those sort of roads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
  4. SanityClause

SanityClause Member

[May 15, 2004]
    Khufu, as it says on my location, I'm in Dumbarton around 15 miles NW of Glasgow. No doubt in due time we'll have a get together.

Heading out soon to do the circular route, Arrochar via the A82, then over the Rest-and-be-Thankful road to Strachur. Not far from there is the best kept secret for drivers, the B8000 that skirts Loch Fyne, around 6 miles of single track, winding road.
    If only this could be marshalled for a drivers meeting, it's suberb.
    Then up over the hills and down to Dunoon for the ferry back to Greenock, a scoot along the M8 and over the Erskine bridge to home, 100-ish miles of great (well mostly) roads. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
  5. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 15, 2004]
    Enjoy yourself in the new car! I'm sure you'l love it!
  6. mramage

mramage Member

[May 15, 2004]

I've been round that way in mine, some great roads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Probably should have a Glasgow(ish) folks meet up some time, I think there's enough of us within 20miles or so.
  7. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

[May 15, 2004]
    The B836 from Dunoon round to Tighnabruaich is fun, and as you said the B8000 IS fun - bit toooo close to the sea at a few points! We had to come back that way once because we drank all our money and didnt have enought for the ferry back at Hunters Key LOL