The S3 has gone...

DJ_Troopa

Reaction score
So from this -

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/sale-wanted-audi-cars/152391-sale-my-2001-audi-s3-enthusiast-owned-very-well-looked-after.html

The S3 sold on sunday afternoon to a lad in Bristol. He looks like he'll look after it and i could tell he was in love with it when he saw it!I actually put a deposit down on my new car last weekend but kept it on the hush. I picked it up on saturday morning and i absolutely love it. Yes the S3 beats it hands down but for what it is, it's brilliant! The other great thing is i'll still be around here just downstairs in the 8P section :)
Say hello to my 8P 2.0 TDI 140 Sport in Lava Grey :wub: (sorry for the mobile pic)

6853486320_e777062e7e_z.jpg

Gonna give it a wash today and i'll get some better SLR pics after. The car is mint inside and outside, it came with full Audi service history, 1 owner, the guy done a full service for me inc. water pump & cambelt so at least that's out of the way! I went for the cloth interior as i'm tired of leathers, gets too hot in summer and too cold in winter! It's got rear parking sensors, cruise control, ambient light inside, lights just above the inside door handles, footwell lights, puddle lights, and an armrest! So yeah, i got a very good deal with 65k on the clock, 1 year MOT and 1 year tax.

Alot of you will think eh, why a TDI from an S3!? Well thing is guys i'm 24 and looking to buy a house next year and this TDI is the answer to save me alot more money! Town driving - 47-50mpg. Motorway - 61mpg. So yeah, you can see what i mean!

Little things such as xenon white led's to replace the standard bulbs will be done this week, major things like wheels and suspension can wait around a year. I'm enjoying having a newer car and the all around comfort of it, the trader also machined polished and waxed the whole car so i'm going to maintain it and keep it smooth & shiny!

I would like to thank you all for your help since October 2009. I never thought i'd own a car and receive such nice comments about it from so many people! I wish you all luck with your 8L's, they're amazing cars but some day we have to move on!

Huge thanks to:

Mods & Admin for running such a friendly forum
Tuffty - i'll stop nagging you now with my PM's haha!
Welly
Bill
Westy
S3 Dave
Andy Mac
1animal1 - i know you're with the 8P's but you helped me alot too when you had an 8L!

All the others i've met, i will see you at Ace next time if i'm off from work! Sorry if i've missed anyone!

Take care guys:salute:

AJ

Last edited:
A great shame but I'll look forward to seeing it around Bristol.

Is the lad who bought it on this forum? and any circa £ region of what you'd be happy to disclose for what you got for it? Be interesting to see how much they are going for now for a modified and very much loved one!

So from this -

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/sale-wanted-audi-cars/152391-sale-my-2001-audi-s3-enthusiast-owned-very-well-looked-after.html

The S3 sold on sunday afternoon to a lad in Bristol. He looks like he'll look after it and i could tell he was in love with it when he saw it!I actually put a deposit down on my new car last weekend but kept it on the hush. I picked it up on saturday morning and i absolutely love it. Yes the S3 beats it hands down but for what it is, it's brilliant! The other great thing is i'll still be around here just downstairs in the 8P section :)
Say hello to my 8P 2.0 TDI 140 Sport in Lava Grey :wub: (sorry for the mobile pic)

6853486320_e777062e7e_z.jpg

Gonna give it a wash today and i'll get some better SLR pics after. The car is mint inside and outside, it came with full Audi service history, 1 owner, the guy done a full service for me inc. water pump & cambelt so at least that's out of the way! I went for the cloth interior as i'm tired of leathers, gets too hot in summer and too cold in winter! It's got rear parking sensors, cruise control, ambient light inside, lights just above the inside door handles, footwell lights, puddle lights, and an armrest! So yeah, i got a very good deal with 65k on the clock, 1 year MOT and 1 year tax.

Alot of you will think eh, why a TDI from an S3!? Well thing is guys i'm 24 and looking to buy a house next year and this TDI is the answer to save me alot more money! Town driving - 47-50mpg. Motorway - 61mpg. So yeah, you can see what i mean!

Little things such as xenon white led's to replace the standard bulbs will be done this week, major things like wheels and suspension can wait around a year. I'm enjoying having a newer car and the all around comfort of it, the trader also machined polished and waxed the whole car so i'm going to maintain it and keep it smooth & shiny!

I would like to thank you all for your help since October 2009. I never thought i'd own a car and receive such nice comments about it from so many people! I wish you all luck with your 8L's, they're amazing cars but some day we have to move on!

Huge thanks to:

Mods & Admin for running such a friendly forum
Tuffty - i'll stop nagging you now with my PM's haha!
Welly
Bill
Westy
S3 Dave
Andy Mac
1animal1 - i know you're with the 8P's but you helped me alot too when you had an 8L!

All the others i've met, i will see you at Ace next time if i'm off from work! Sorry if i've missed anyone!

Take care guys:salute:

AJ

Love the new car. Hope you enjoy. :)

P.S. i have marked the other as sold in classified section. :)

Sad to here you sold your car mate it is one of the nicest examples iv seen good luck with your new purchase!

I will also keep an eye out,yet another s3 in bristol,think i might know who bought it,someone that was looking at buying the ex redline s3,hope your new car goes wel mate,keep in touch!

Ahh go buy it back!! :( the 8p is nice though! Keep posting on this side!

Good luck with the new car mate! It's exactly the same as my previous car same colour as well! Good to know you havent strayed to the dark side and bought a BMW!

Oh man, i didnt even know you had yours for sale mate!!

The pics look amazing, no wonder it went so quickly.

Good luck with the new car, wish I had the sense to do that, but I just dont want to let my S3 go!! :)

Thanks for the comments people :) Hopefully i'll be at Ace next week depending what shift i'm on!

A great shame but I'll look forward to seeing it around Bristol.

Is the lad who bought it on this forum? and any circa £ region of what you'd be happy to disclose for what you got for it? Be interesting to see how much they are going for now for a modified and very much loved one!

Nope he's not on the forum but his friends have 1.8T's and they're on other forums so maybe he'll join up here sometime! No worries mate, i sold it for £6700 with the 3" downpipe which i never had the chance to put on. Hope he gets it on and does a stage 2 map!

Nice buy. Im constantly being tempted away by some nice a3 sline tdi's. The extra mpg will be very welcome Im sure :).

I'm not surprised your S3 didn't stick around for very long, Dude. It was one of the nicest examples I've ever seen. All the best with your 8P, I loved my A3 TDi. Look forward to chatting with you over in the 8P section. :wub: xx

Westy - Yeah mate, hopefully i'll be down next week. Modding will start next year before show season, just looking forward to save and relax this year!

Minty - I'm loving the car, the MPG and drive is fantastic :) I haven't thought about the S3 once whilst driving this.

Paullie - Thanks Paullie :) See you on the other side!