The S Line went back to Dealers for repairs but didnt

I

imported_S_Line

Ok it was booked in to my local Dealers over a week ago

Faults:

Rattling noise from offside shocks - i have read this is a common fault and the rear shocks need to be changed

Condensation in the offside Rear light Cluster.

So all booked in, dealer will collect the car Today,

Yes they arrive take the car away after confirming with the engineer who collected the car what teh faults were....

Phone call at 15.00 This afternoon.
There is a fault with the rear shocks ( yep knew that ) and we havent any in stock nor any other dealers in the UK !!! So have Back ordered them !!!

OK then next fault

You have condensation in the offside rear light cluster ! Yep thats what i told you a week ago.
We havent the item in stock so have ordered it !!!
" You car is now being valleted and will be returned shortly"

They returened the car a hour later 16.00 hrs.
Had it been valleted had it hell !!!

What a Naff service. Im really speachless that the service desk said " Your car is being valleted and will be returned shortly" when it wasnt at all !

So a Whole day with out my V6 and 1 gallon of petrol, nothing sorted !!!

Audi Dealer - YOu are a disgrace. !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Dealers will never order parts in until their own technicians have looked at the car and confirm the problem is what you think it is. Only then will they order the necessary parts to actually fix the problem unless, of course, they happen to be a standard stock item.

Hope you get it sorted, have you a date when the bits will be in?

No no date, as they say the shocks are back ordered.

Fair dues for the ording of parts, but i have read the rear shocks are a common fault.
Probably why the UK is out of stock ! LOL !

I often 'pop' into the dealers prior to booking in and get the service Guys to take a quick look at faults so that they can order the parts in advance, this is what I did with my rear light cluster before it was replaced with the same fault, very annoying that the shock knock is supposed to be a common fault yet they still didn't order any in, can see why you would be mad!

As for the valet I wouldn't let them loose on mine anyway as I don't like the products they use and in the past have ended up re-cleaning it myself - I always request no wash or vac.

We had a repeating fault with the stereo on our A6 avant, which turned out in the end to be the aerial. They ahd the car in three times trying to sort it. In the end they ordered a whole new unit and then found it was the aerial. Now they're stuck with the unit, because Audi won't let a dealer return a part once they've ordered it. Hence they don't like speculating as if they're wrong, they have to hope another dealer will buy the part of them.

[ QUOTE ]
We had a repeating fault with the stereo on our A6 avant, which turned out in the end to be the aerial. They ahd the car in three times trying to sort it. In the end they ordered a whole new unit and then found it was the aerial. Now they're stuck with the unit, because Audi won't let a dealer return a part once they've ordered it. Hence they don't like speculating as if they're wrong, they have to hope another dealer will buy the part of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not 100% sure about VAG, but most manufacturers will only give a certain amount of money for warranty parts, and they reduce the discount given if a part is special ordered or VOR ordered. Therefore dealers will "stock order" warranty parts so they can at least make a little profit on warranty parts. Stock ordered parts can normally be returned as well, so this is an added bonus, but they take longer to come in......

I used to have one - ****** pain in the ****, but swapped the parcel shelf at the dealers - was contemplating a bit or card or paper - but they must have been in a good mood that day - which is unusual for an Audi Dealer!!

I have a squeak, but thought it was the rear side panel. I did not think of it being on there, but it might just be. Whereabouts did you put the card to stop the squeak?