The rear wiper

S3RYE

Interior Next!!
Reaction score
Hello

i know a few people had done this just wanted to know how to go about it...

im guessing once removed there is a hole? if so how do you tidy it up? im pretty sure boydie done this to his S3 when he got it??

Yeah mate - did it to both my S3 and A3

I got the bung from www.gecleant.de - you can buy pre logo'd ones, plain ones or design one yourself with a desired logo - just email it to them to see if it is possible - I have a snowboarder on mine now!

To remove the wiper is handy enough - hardest part is removing the boot trim

Remove both torque screws in the recess

Then just start pulling - it will take a bit of force but its strong enough.

The motor is held by 3 bolts but remove the wiper first

Apply some WD40 and leave to sit for a wee while as the wiper can be a bit stubborn

Remember to seal off the rear wiper scoosher with a screw/sealant and tie up - will post some pics of the bungs later

Yeah mate - did it to both my S3 and A3

I got the bung from www.gecleant.de - you can buy pre logo'd ones, plain ones or design one yourself with a desired logo - just email it to them to see if it is possible - I have a snowboarder on mine now!

To remove the wiper is handy enough - hardest part is removing the boot trim

Remove both torque screws in the recess

Then just start pulling - it will take a bit of force but its strong enough.

The motor is held by 3 bolts but remove the wiper first

Apply some WD40 and leave to sit for a wee while as the wiper can be a bit stubborn

Remember to seal off the rear wiper scoosher with a screw/sealant and tie up - will post some pics of the bungs later

cheers boydie.. if you could get some pics up that would be great mate :icon_thumright:

Any good electrician will be able to give you a 20mm or 25mm blind gromet in black, white or grey. they come as extra bungs on a lot of electrical stuff.

pardon me and call me stupid but why would you want to permantly, as I understand it, remove your rear wiper?

Because it looks better without it.

It looks even better with one of the glass infill discs from www.gecleant.de that Boydie suggested, even if some people are happy with a cheap plastic bung (but hey, what they get up to is their business and I don't want to know about it).

Last edited:
Blimey, my suspicions have been confirmed that it is purely a cosmetic enhancement. The rear wiper is hardly noticeable and not forgetting its primary function, what do you do on completely wet days when loads of spray's been thrown up onto the rear window (on motorways) as A\S3's are known for?

Respectfully guys this gets a thumbs down.

what do you do on completely wet days when loads of spray's been thrown up onto the rear window (on motorways) as A\S3's are known for?

Respectfully guys this gets a thumbs down.

Like a lot of vehicles on the road, I use my wing mirrors, pretty obvious when you think about it. :icon_thumright:

I regularly drive over 600 miles in a day, and even when it's pouring down with rain, I rarely need to turn on the rear wiper.

A good dose of rain-x every few weeks is more than enough to leave the wiper completely redundant, so after over 70,000 miles of not using it, I took it off last month.

exactly - the rear of the A3/S3 looks so much better without the wiper!

:arco:

It looks even better with one of the glass infill discs from www.gecleant.de that Boydie suggested

Don't they leave glue around the outside?

even if some people are happy with a cheap plastic bung (but hey, what they get up to is their business and I don't want to know about it).

Cheap plastic bung does the job and looks cool.

Yep I just bought the pack of 3 from Halfords.

Good man:hi:

Think of the 1kg weight saving as well:think: Why not take the passenger side wiper off as well because you don't look out of that side of the screen?

Dave

Some people will never get it. If you're one of those people, don't worry about it, you can even leave your wiper on if you like. ;)

For those that do get it and are thinking about doing it, like I said before, with a decent covering of a rain-x type product, there's hardly any need for the wiper anyway so give it a go. If you decide you do need it, you can always put it back on.

Not the best photo as it's only from my phone, but you get the idea. I'll try get a better one at the weekend.

IMG_0353.jpg

Now I'd be really impressed if you could hinge it and install a reversing camera, there that popped out when you selected reverse. :)

Paul