1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Pacific

Discussion in 'Movies' started by RosMc, Mar 17, 2010.

1. RosMc

RosMc Member

2. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving

Really looking forward to this. Watched Saving Private Ryan the other day and really put me in the mood for something like this!
  3. jonny87

jonny87 Active Member

watched the first two episodes yesterday, a band of brothers but in the pacific (duh) instead of europe

these kind of things never fail to impress me no end, first off how did they manage to film something like this, as the adverts say, its as close to the action as you would want to get, but it really puts you there, just wish i had surround sound to complete the experience

really powerful stuff too, the first 'contact' they get with the japs across that little body of water, the next morning the guy on the machine gun sees all the people he killed the night before, and theres the survivor who they shoot at, messing with him and he just gives up waiting for the envitable? madness

think im gonna have to watch band of brothers whilst waiting for the next installment of this, cant wait
  4. RosMc

RosMc Member

Band of Brothers is a must - one of my all time favourite tv progs - along with 24 and The Shield.
  5. JD09

Agreed on BoBs, superb. I watched enemy at the gates last night - that's pretty damn good as well.

Need to get watching the Pacific.
  6. jonny87

jonny87 Active Member

i watched enemy at the gates last night too, love that film too

ed harris (the german major) snipes that guy as he jumps across the gap in the buildings? EPIC!!!!
  7. JD09

Was just thinking the same, first jumper, boom. Acting isn't high up on the list of Jude Law, but he worked well in this.